Home Forum Ask A Member ELTO G Carburetor Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ausf233
    Participant

Hello all,

I am looking for advice on replacement gaskets (material and thicknesses) for the carburetor of a 1926 Elto Model G Rudder Twin. The gaskets I need advice on are those that fit under the valve covers and in the needle housing per attached image.

ELTO-Carby-Gaskets

I also want to adjust the needle value so that the indicator reads zero when the valve is closed. There is a small screw on the rear side of the carburetor directly behind the needle valve that I assume is used for zeroing the valve, however this screw is stuck fast and I am reluctant to apply too much pressure for fear of doing damage. Am I on the right track with regards to the function of this screw and what do you suggest to free it up?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Spiro

ausf233
      Participant

Hello all, just giving this a bump as there has been no replies so far.

Thanks & regards,
        Spiro

The Boat House
        Participant

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Trying to remember how to word this so everyone will understand.
            This type of gasket one should try to make the inside hole just larger than the tap drill size for the threads.
            For example, if the threads are 1-14, then the hole should be 15/16 in diameter or just a touch bigger. This allows
            the gasket to “thread” onto the cover and give the most possible coverage area. Then as Tubs states, trim the outside edge to suit.

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

ausf233
            Participant

Thank you Tubs and Richard, your combined replies have given me the information needed. You’ve been a great help as usual.

Thank you also Tubs for your generosity. Much appreciated! 0.025 translates to 0.6mm which I have available.

Kind Regards,
              Spiro

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by ausf233.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.