Home Forum Ask A Member ELTO PAL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stinger
    Participant

I have an Alto Pal model-4266 that is dis-assembled and I am looking for someone to put it back in running order. It is all there and was not completely taken apart when cleaning took place. It was handed down from grandfather to father to son (me). I used it a lot prior to going to the Army and upon return I found it had been painted a bright red by a very young family member. I took it to a body shop that said they could clean it up for me by sand blasting. they said using any type of cleaner or chemical on the aluminum would ruin it. When I picked it up I got it back in pieces with an explanation that they had to take it apart so as to get all the spray paint off. They couldn’t put it back together so they didn’t charge me for the cleaning. Now I need to find someone with the expertise and knowledge of my little motor to put it together.
      I’m not sure how this forum works but if anyone can help me I can compensate for the work to be done

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

If you go to the “About” link at the top of the main page, under there is a list of Chapters for
        the different States. Some of the chapters listed have web pages where you may be
        able to contact someone close to you. If you mention your city / state, maybe
        someone will reach out to you.

Prepare to be boarded!

The Boat House
        Participant

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

I am in north central Michigan (Houghton lake) and would love to help

Stinger
            Participant

This is good to know and thank you for the help

Stinger
              Participant

I just wasn’t sure at the time about the chemical cleaning and after getting my motor home I looked it all over very good as well as taking air and blowing every part. It appears to be grit free at this time. I am in west central part of Iowa. I have been working on an old wooden three seat boat that was very much like what my grandfather had so I would like to have the motor back together and running so I can put them both on the water again. Thank you for your help

Stinger
                Participant

I have the very same parts list and diagram sheet that you posted. It was sent to me from Ken Cook and I thought about trying to put my Alto back together myself but I really don’t have the tools and if I was to need gaskets or seals or just anything then I would have to start searching. A friend of mine suggested looking for someone who is furnished or at least knowledgeable in putting it back together for me. I accept your offer to help and if we can exchange contact info like phone numbers because I am more understanding of what is being said talking to someone then writing. Let me know how you feel to that and we can go forward either way. Thank you for your response

frankr
                  Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You got an offer from the best. I think Garry might have been there when the motor was built. Or maybe his Dad was,

Stinger
                    Participant

Thank you for the response. Yes Garry did offer and I replied. Have not heard back from him yet

The Boat House
                      Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.