Home Forum Ask A Member Elto Pal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bill-loveland
    Participant

Ran my Pal yesterday – ran like a champ, but….

(there’s always a but, isn’t there?)

1. I cross threaded the grease plug in the lower unit – does anybody know off the top of their head what tap I’m going to need to chase the threads?

2. The fuel tank to fuel line connector joint leaks – what do others use to seal the threads? I’ve used teflon tape before with mixed results.

3. I had a bit of trouble getting my son up on water skis with this motor – do I need a different prop?

Tom
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

1. Most grease plugs I’ve seen are 1/8-27 (1/8 pipe). Pal is likely the same, but if not, I’m sure someone will correct me.

2. If the fuel line has compression fittings, the threads are not what’s leaking. The seal is made by the ferrule. A new line with new ferrules is probably in order.

3. No.. same prop, different kid.

Tom

The Boat House
        Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
          chinewalker
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Hey Bill – was that the bellowing exhaust note we heard screaming from across the channel yesterday? 🙂

I took yesterday off – Brian & Joan Lawson took us all to Dark Island yesterday to tour the castle.

bill-loveland
            Participant

Hey Bill – was that the bellowing exhaust note we heard screaming from across the channel yesterday?

No, that was probably Mom and Dad in the dinghy with the Sportwin – they passed me like I was standing still

…but then the swimming ducks passed me like I was standing still…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.