ELTO Ruddertwin Flywheel Restoration

Home Forum Ask A Member ELTO Ruddertwin Flywheel Restoration

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar george-emmanuel 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
    slim60
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 229
    Topics: 57

Looking good Chris; I’ve been sanding mine for a week. By the time it looks like your’s maybe I’ll find a coil.

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2473
    Topics: 157

Slim,

Use a Zephyr coil and use your existing tube and make your own. I can send you the wiring instructions.

or you can buy one pre made from Art D., he has taken over from Doug Penn. You send him your core and he sends you a rebuilt one.

dan-in-tn
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 996
    Topics: 104

PM T2; Some of us are always reading & watching to see what we can learn. Just picked up a ’29 Super Elto Speedster last week. It’s in pretty good shape having been re-done a few years back. I also have a Ruddertwin. No tank tag, but been told it is most likely a C model (by Brook N.). Haven’t even begun to start on either yet, but have plans for both. Always enjoy the discussions about the really old stuff. Thanks!

Dan in TN

Tubs
    Tubs
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2406
    Topics: 147

--

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year

Sorry Tubs if I offended you. I was simply trying to help Slim out, as others have helped me. Not claiming to be a coil expert by any means lol.

slim60
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 229
    Topics: 57

What I should have asked was who is minding the store for Doug Penn. I tried pennitgo but could not connect. Would that be Art DeKalb? I just want the coil, since Tubs was kind enough to send me the video download. Thanks to you both.

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year

That is correct, Art is making them now for Doug. Unfortunately for all of us, Doug is retiring! If you don’t have his contact info PM me and I can send it to you.

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year

Moving on to the fuel tank tonight. Don’t think that will be quite as easy.

george-emmanuel
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 376
    Topics: 19

Chris, It’s been a number of years since I removed the flywheel knob. Going from memory, on the underside is a screw. That screw goes all the way through the knob to the top and is finished smooth to the top of the knob. You’ll have to somehow hold the knob to keep it from turning and back the screw out. Then you can remove the knob, spring and screw. That leaves an insert in the flywheel. You’ll have to machine/make a punch that goes into the insert from the top that has an outside edge that mates with the outside edge of the insert so you can drive the insert out from the top to the bottom. Once you get it out you should notice the insert had a slight flare on the underside edge. That is what kept it from going out the top when pressed in from the underside.

Hope this helps,

George

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.