Home Forum Ask A Member Etec 25 hp question

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, so you are saying that the EMM trouble codes are NOT tied into the system check gage? How are the trouble codes retrieved?
      Does this engine have a water separating filter, perhaps that is full of water.

willg
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

There is no water separator on the engine, only a small inline filter before the vapor separator. Trouble codes are retrieved via Evinrude Diagnostics software on a laptop. And yes, trouble codes are stored in the EMM.

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, so there is no way of knowing if codes are present without the software, correct?

willg
          Participant

Correct.

wedgie
            Participant

quote Mumbles:

Hey Wedgie, would you get a promotion if you saved the company a bunch of $$$ by installing a regular carb on it to solve the problem? 💡

No chance of promotion where I work unless you have the seniority. The manager where I work had 35 years in the union before he was offered to work for "the other side". Sure , he makes 20% more, but I doubt it would be worth the headaches. 🙁

Would it even be possible to graft a carb on there. Too many electronics looking for feedback from sensors to make it run I’d imagine. :geek:

So anyway, the Millwrights discovered a hole in the fuel lift pump diaphragm and have ordered a new one. I got this info second hand from the welding shop so can’t be sure my source is fully informed. Seems like an easy and relatively cheap fix.

Thanks for the info everyone. I enjoy learning about the newer stuff too 🙂

willg
              Participant

Good to hear that it was a simple problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.