Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Fire Pump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Seen this for sale. It’s froze up. Seller said he thought it was 1 or 2 cylinder
      motor. Looks like a “Lightfour” motor to me? It’s froze up, and I have
      some Lightfour parts. Am I Correct?
      Any “history” on these fire pumps “out there?
      Thanks?

Evinrude-fire-pump1

Evinrude-fire-pump2

Evinrude-fire-pump3

Prepare to be boarded!

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Yes – an Imperial Fire Pump. Some years the Lightfour was offered in 16 different models. It could be bought for 15″‘, 20″ and 30″ transoms, with or without the auto rewind (Simplex) starter. Standard gear case or Heavy Duty (three to one reduction) standard or 360 degree steering. In later years a pump kit was offered that took the place of the propeller on the standard outboard. When they had their anniversary meet in 2002 or 03 at Tomahawk there were three Lightfour Imperial fire pumps auctioned off. Get the model number.

Buccaneer
        Participant

Thanks Gary for the information. Sounds like a person could get just about any Lightfour
          package the heart desired. I inquired with the seller about “numbers”, but no
          reply yet.

Prepare to be boarded!

Buccaneer
          Participant

The said Lightfour Fire pump and two Champion S1F’s came home with me today.

The model number on the power head’s brass core plug is 932, serial number 00635.
            There’s a matching number stamped in the aluminum pump flange, as you can see
            in the one photo.
            I can “not” find this model number on either online Evinrude model list I had bookmarked.
            They both had models listed up to 927 (1933) and no higher in the 900 series.
            What year is mine?
            Would the later Lightfour motors use the same internal parts, ie., pistons, crank, etc?

Is the round cover the “choking” mechanism? It says “In Starting Hold Down”
            “Till Pressure is Developed”
            Not sure how the fuel system is all plumbed, but it looks like a strange set up!

Thanks!

DSCN8117

DSCN8123

DSCN8120

DSCN8112

Prepare to be boarded!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Buccaneer.
            • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Buccaneer.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.