Evinrude gas tank

Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude gas tank

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mic57

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 5
    Topics: 8

I decided to start working on an Evinrude gas tank that I picked up last fall. Upon inspection I noticed the the fuel block was different than any of the others that I have come across. I am looking for some insight on the connector. What hose connector does it use? Is it worth rebuilding or should I just replace it with something more common.
    Thanks
    Mike

20190622_205825

20190622_205841

amuller

Replies: 1055
    Topics: 163

Pretty clearly an aftermarket “fuel block” as you put it. I suspect an OMC connector would fit on to it, but the condition overall looks poor with the gauge cover smashed and etc.

The metal tank, from what I can see of it, looks like OMC or a clone. If it’s in decent shape, could be that the hardware from a rusted out OMC tank would fit.

outbdnut2

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 1705
    Topics: 91

Check dimensions, it maybe an aftermarket for Yamaha or some 1986 and newer Mercurys. Those have slightly larger mating parts and are metric.
    Dave

mic57

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 5
    Topics: 8

Thanks for the replies. I never thought about it being aftermarket but after removing and inspecting it that is most likely what it is. The body is plastic and cheaply made. It looks like I will be posting a wanted ad.
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.