Evinrude Mate 1939-1941 Model Number

Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Mate 1939-1941 Model Number

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
    soflaevinrude

Replies: 25
    Topics: 6

Tom, This is not the motor that I mentioned looking at when starting this thread. Instead I’m getting an original 1939 Mate Model 4263-033XX. Thanks, Jim

Indian Group Leader

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 105
    Topics: 8

No problem, Jim. I was just surprised that nobody mentioned the freeze plug information.

I purchased a nicely restored Mate a short time ago and quickly discovered two problems. The serial number plate was from a Ranger and the freeze plug appears to be from a Sea King Midget based on the numbers. Thanks to the resourcefulness of Doug Penn, it now displays a proper Mate serial number plate on it. Since I traded a couple of motors for it that were not all that expensive to me, I am pleased with it as is. I quickly point out the freeze plug flaw when I talk with others about it. Regardless, I still like it, and actually, that is all that counts in the long run. You have to please yourself.

Tom

soflaevinrude

Thanks Tom for the good information. I’m doing some trading myself and I agree, You have to please yourself. Jim

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3566
    Topics: 31

I should have mentioned that. Of course that would be covered on the Mate. . . šŸ™‚

soflaevinrude

quote SoFlaEvinrude:

Tom, This is not the motor that I mentioned looking at when starting this thread. Instead I’m getting an original 1939 Mate Model 4263-033XX. Thanks, Jim

Got my Mate today. Very happy checking it out and seeing the matching numbers on both the ID plate and freeze plug. Great seller. I did some motor swapping too along with some cash and was able to get the one I wanted. Thanks all for your informative replies. I’m anxious to learn more about these old outboards.

phil-b

Replies: 467
    Topics: 32

I’d never realized, ’till I saw this post that the 1960’s/70’s Evinrude one banger (like so many others) was named after an earlier model!

We_Be_Puggin

Replies: 4
    Topics: 1

I have a 1941 Evinrude Elto Mate. What would be a new spark plug that could be used for this engine? Also what are the torque specs, if any, for the spark plug?

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 3070
    Topics: 169

The Champion J17LM is a short, non-resistor,
    lawn mower spark plug that is easy to find
    and will fit under your gas tank.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by TubsTubs.
    We_Be_Puggin

Replies: 4
    Topics: 1

What about torque specs?

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 3070
    Topics: 169

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by TubsTubs.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.