Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude vs Johnson

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    bill-mcnamara
    Participant

Canada Member

Nor did she need bindings on the skis apparently!
      Superwoman possibly?

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member

Back around 1960, a neighbor at the family lake cabin had a new Sea King 40 HP that looked like the red and white 5-1/2 a couple posts back. I remember seeing the lid off – the only difference from Dad’s 40 HP Johnson that I could see (besides the fuel pump) was that the Sea King did not have the compression relief built into the recoil starter that all the Johnsons had. Maybe a cost saving effort for Montgomery Wards?
        Note that my 1958 35 HP Gale does have the compression relief.
        Dave

hdted
        Participant

Compression relief was used on ’57 ’58 ’59 ’60’ and ’61

Mumbles
          Participant

Evinrude vs Johnson……hmmmm…….OK, here’s they are going balls to the wall. Hard to say!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-5ZdyL7HE

Attachments:

majorramifications
            Participant

I’ve always found the Evinrudes to be better looking than the Johnsons, with perhaps a few exceptions (I don’t like the look of the ’59-’60 Evinrudes)

Garry, I would love to read more about your dad and his first hand knowledge of the inner workings of OMC.

PugetSoundBoater
              Participant

Garry-you have great inside workings of the factory and inside scoop Mgmt stories, please share these as your time allows,many if not all of of us will be greatful. Maybe one every other week or so.
                Thank you for the stories so far!! 🙂

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                Robbie Robertson

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.