Home Forum Ask A Member F-7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tinman
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Looking at a 1974 f-7 alumacraft. Says it’s rated for 24 hp. Does anyone think it’s strong enough to handle my 30 hp javelin? Been looking out for an fd which are rated for 35 hp but nothing has come up. Very few alumacrafts down here St. Louis way. I have a model f which I really like but of course it’s too small. Javelin is just sitting waiting for a boat!! Lol. Thanks.

lloyd
      Participant

I have 6 Alumacrafts from Model R’s through FD’s with motors from 18 HP OMC’s to 27 HP Johnson PR to twin 35 HP Javelins. I know that most if not all of them have motors with HP above their rated capacity. So I think your F7 will handle the 30 HP Javelin without a problem. Assuming of course that your White Oak Transom board and aluminum supports are in good condition. Or just buy one of my Rigs. I am getting too old to enjoy them all anyway.

Tinman
        Participant

If your close to St. Louis is be tempted to take you up on your offer! They are fine boats. I like my model f for sure!

lloyd
          Participant

I live in Traverse City Michigan and I have traveled much farther than St Louis to get some of my boats and motors. Jay Walls and others have traveled up here to get some of my stuff. Good luck with your project.

Tinman
            Participant

I may have to make it up that way one day! Because I’m definitely interested in a larger boat!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.