FD 11 face plate gasket

Home Forum Ask A Member FD 11 face plate gasket

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Avatarlloyd.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    stanley

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 336
    Topics: 102

Is there a cheap replacement /substitute for this item,#303537?All the ones I find are to pricey for my budget.

seakaye12
    seakaye12

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 459
    Topics: 110

Have a look at this previous post here:

https://aomci.org/forums/topic/face-gaskets-303527/

stanley

US Member - 1 Year

Thanks,I tried searching previous posts but didn’t get in any results.I find the search function pretty frustrating at times.The slit tubing sounds like what I’m looking for.

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3506
    Topics: 31

The previous post said to go to NYMarine http://www.nymarine.ca/grommets.htm

stanley

US Member - 1 Year

Thanks Garry.I’ve seen the New York Marine listing,but the price was too much for me to justify.

Steve D
    Steve D

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 518
    Topics: 66

Stanley, I had some bottom edge protector that seemed to work ok. It might also be sold as automotive door edge protector. I know there are some motors we don’t want to put a lot of money into and this wasn’t too expensive. With a little bit of cutting, heat gun, forming, shaping, etc. this worked out ok. Once you actually glue it into place with Seal-All, 3M 847, etc. it will take the shape of the face plate. I can send you a piece to do your face plate if you’d like.

faceplate-gasket-grommet
    tank-guard
    tank-with-protector

Attachments:
    stanley

US Member - 1 Year

Steve,Thanks for the offer.I am going to try that,so I bought a roll on Ebay. First,I’ll do the faceplate and then use the rest on gas cans.I had a voucher that covered the cost so the price was zero.

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2667
    Topics: 154

Pretty clever there Steve!!!

Steve D
    Steve D

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 518
    Topics: 66

Thanks Tubs. You can’t beat that price Stanley. I kind of rushed through this one as I was experimenting with it and was anxious to see if it would work. If you took your time you could make it look real good. The 2nd one will be better.
    face-plate-back

Attachments:
    billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1079
    Topics: 38

No time for me to measure anything but it must be here:

https://www.mcmaster.com/edging-u-channels

Long live American manufacturing!

lloyd

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 162
    Topics: 0

I have made them from split rubber tubing many times and it worked great. I am on cruise through the Panama Canal right now so I cannot offer more info until I get home in February.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.