Home Forum Ask A Member Fed EX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    jeff-register
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

FED EX has done it. Lost a complete 10hp powerhead & shrouds. I’m sick! I’m done too as I don’t need this stress anymore. Most of my stuff is now for sale & NO I will not ship.

terriblecj
      Participant

Were you sending or receiving? Either way, FedEx isnt worth quitting the hobby over….Yes, they suck but they are not a necessity to our sport.

steveh
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Fed Ex cost me over $1,000,000 in sales this year. They lost a bid package for a facility that was 40 miles away…could have easily driven it there. My pricing was lower than all the other bidders. They found the bid package a week later in Delaware…

But, I agree with Cj…don’t give up the hobby Jeff.

frankr
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

So Jeff, now that you have given up the hobby, what are you going to do now? Sky Diving? Rock Climbing? Deep Sea Diving? Or sit in your chair, watching the Tube? Of the four, the chair will be the most dangerous. Get out of it and work on an old motor!!!!

Advice from an old friend.

1946zephyr
            Participant

Yea I have to say, there isn’t a good shipping service in this country anymore. UPS has broke many of my items as well, including two motors that I sent to Florida. Fortunately, with UPS they track better and offer $100 insurance for free. I agree. Shipping stuff is frustrating

beerman57
              Participant

Don’t ever use fedex, last time I tried them they were like $36 which seemed high, so I went to ups and it was about $19.

jeff-register
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I can’t believe a 18" x 18" box got lost in the back of a truck two states away. It was coming to me & already paid for. Anyone have a 1952 Firestone 10hp powerhead with shrouds for sale or shall I just give away the leg to a kid who needs it.

gjonz
                  Participant

Patience! It may turn up!
                    I just bought a set of elusive 7.5hp Firestone shrouds for a project. The seller sent them to me USPS. Somehow the address label got torn off! His postman returned it to him and they are on their way.

I can’t believe how hard finding EARLY 7.5 hp shrouds were!!

So keep a stiff upper lip…and don’t give up the ship!

Greg

jw-in-dixie
                    Participant

Jeff, please don’t give up. I use FedEx ground almost exclusively and have had
                      zero problems. Shipped motors all over the lower 48 with them and their rate
                      was always the lowest.

Sorry for your trouble, Jeff. Hope it shows up.

Regards, JW in Dixie

green-thumbs
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

A few years back I received a package in mail minus a driveshaft. It had battered its way out of box.I was preparing to go thru the formal lost item search but chanced to be at mailbox the next day so I asked the letter carrier to take a look around at post office. The following day the driveshaft was in my mail box. In an era gigantic enterprises it is still the people that make it work by going the extra mile.
                        Louis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.