Home Forum Ask A Member Fed EX

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Steve D
    Participant

A few years ago I bought a lower unit on ebay and the seller left the oil in it. In transit the oil leaked out, soaked the box, the drive shaft poked through, and when it all became visible a Postal employee removed it from their system, understandably. But then it got lost in their Bermuda Triangle of hazardous/busted packages that get held back from further transportation. I did have a tracking number so I had to see where the last place it was scanned, file a missing package report (if that’s what it was called) and find the phone number of the station it was last scanned in to and talk to someone there. After some detective work, many phone calls, and patience it finally got found, inspected, re-wrapped, and put back in to their system and I finally received it about 2 months after I ordered it.

upload img

image upload no limit

img hosting

The Boat House
      Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
        1946zephyr
        Participant

Let me guess……. Illinois street in Idaho?

Damn, Steve. That seller knew absolutely nothing about shipping lower units. What a mess O-:

Steve D
          Participant

I know, really…a little common sense would have gone a long way. I was real happy to finally get it. I hope if Jeff can make a few calls or do some tracking they can locate his stuff for him. Those parts are little harder to come by than common Evinrude/Johnson parts.

1946zephyr
            Participant

Yea, I agree. I remember not too long ago, Jeff and I talked about flakey shipping deals. 🙁

jon-a
              Participant

UPS vaporized an entire restored Johnson TD back in about 2010. it was scanned onto a truck and then disappeared.

i always wondered if anyone got their heads clunked behind the scenes over that. they ended up paying out on the insurance- around 200 bucks.

jasonh
                Participant

Jeff, I PM’d you.

dave-bernard
                  Participant

US Member

He got it luckily.

jeff-register
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dave,
                      I thought it was found but it turned out to be a gearbax. I’ll keep trying & many thanks from all. I need to do more calling!! Sqeaky wheel stuff!!!

jasonh
                      Participant

Jeff, YOU HAVE A PM FROM ME. or at least you should.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.