Home Forum Ask A Member Fed EX

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    jeff-register
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Good News maybe! Got a call from Las Vegas Nevada. The guy said he has my powerhead delivered to him? Las Vegas is 6 hours away from me in Phoenix Arizona! I hope it pans out for me & the member who sold it to me. Allen wants to see it restored too!
      I pray this is correct data on my phone machine!!

Steve D
      Participant

Hope it’s a good lead. If not, we might have to call in reinforcements…

chinewalker
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I ship a lot of stuff through eBay and have found that items that get packed well tend to arrive in one piece. Knock on wood, I have had very few issues with shipping, either through USPS, UPS, or FedEx. I’ve had a few items get lost for awhile (right Fred T?) but fortunately, very few that disappeared into the ether. 95%, or better, of what I send out gets where it has to go in a timely fashion, in one piece. Pack it well, pack it smart.

Indian Group Leader
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Frankly, this discussion is disheartening. I have relied on FedEx because UPS can destroy and/or loose any package. Recently I received a box of LED light bulbs that I purchased online. The box was clearly marked "Fragile" and was shipped through UPS. The outside box was crushed, dirty, and torn. The light bulbs inside survived (I really do not know how), but each individual box inside was also smashed. I am glad it was marked "Fragile" so they could show it the protection it required. It makes me wonder what it would have looked like if it had not been marked. The last outboard I received through UPS was donated to a new member as a parts motor. It wasn’t a parts motor when I bought it, but it was when it arrived. UPS sucks big time!

Tom

1946zephyr
            Participant

I ship my motors in wooden crates and things still get broken by UPS >:-(

Mumbles
              Participant

UPS must have used your package as a target or for dunnage or something as it was clearly marked. At least you can still get the ‘Fragile’ stickers to put on your item. When I sent a jar of canned salmon to the East Coast recently, Canada Post told me the ‘Fragile’ stickers are no longer used and all items get treated the same. 😯 I shuddered when I heard that but the salmon jar survived the trip. 😀

retiredoz
                Participant

Back in the dark time, when I was shipping stuff thru UPS, my rule was to pack the item to survive a 5-foot drop. I actually had one buyer call me to see if I could replace some broken parts on the motor he purchased. He said he watched the UPS driver back the truck into his driveway, shove the package out the back, and drive off. That one musta been 5+. BTW, UPS would simply blame any broken item on insufficient packaging, so trying to collect insurance would be a waste of time.
                  Although my shipping frequency has diminished, I’m still confident my choice to switch to FedEx was the right one. They have yet to lose anything, and nobody on the other end has complained.

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Guys,
                    Got the news from the other reciever. His package was artificial flowers in a big box. Fed ex took my powerhead still in the box & put it on top of the flowers box. One bridge bump & my powerhead & box joined the flowers. The top of the box was repaired & sent on. After recieving the flower company wondered why their flowers were so heavy. To their suprizse the 10hp Firestone had been repacked[ on top of the flowers destroying them & hiding my powerhead for at least 10 days inside their box. NOW if Fed Ex can get it from Las Vegas to Phoenix without losing it again inside a truck I’ll be very happy just to recieve it,
                    Jeff/size]

garry-in-michigan
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

frankr
                      Participant

quote Jeff Register:

Guys,
                        Got the news from the other reciever. His package was artificial flowers in a big box. Fed ex took my powerhead still in the box & put it on top of the flowers box. One bridge bump & my powerhead & box joined the flowers. The top of the box was repaired & sent on. After recieving the flower company wondered why their flowers were so heavy. To their suprizse the 10hp Firestone had been repacked on top of the flowers destroying them & hiding my powerhead for at least 10 days inside their box. NOW if Fed Ex can get it from Las Vegas to Phoenix without losing it again inside a truck I’ll be very happy just to recieve it,
                        Jeff

What an interesting story. Very entertaining, but lots of stress to you I know. Let us know when you get it and all is well.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.