Home Forum Ask A Member few questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doug Wilson
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I was given a Neptune 15B2 and 6hp Chrysler that have both been setting since the late 70s, both were well oiled when put up compression seems good. The float is stuck to the shaft on the Neptune any suggestions how to get it lose so I can re-coat it? also need a prop and prop nut for it.
      Also any suggestions on where to get parts for the Chrysler, going to rebuild the carb, fuel pump and replace impeller and probably points and condensers (eliminate all the problems before I go fishing with it.
      Doug

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
      turned off?

jcrigan
      Participant

Doug Penn may be able to help with the prop and other Neptune parts. Laings comes to mind on Chrysler parts. Or you can try a want ad on this site.

jpatti75
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

As for the float stuck to the needle, I’d first just try spraying it out with carb cleaner, as it is probably just gummed up old fuel causing it to stick. If that doesn’t work, try filling the bowl with a 50/50 mixture of Pinesol and water and let it soak over night. That stuff works miracles cleaning up a gunked up carburetor.

JP

Mumbles
          Participant

If you can come up with the part numbers for the Chrysler parts you need, try your local Mercury dealer. Mercury Marine kept the Force name after buying out U S Marine/Bayliner who in turn had bought out Chrysler Outboard and changed the name to Force Outboard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.