Home Forum Ask A Member Fleetwin 4443 Lower Clutch Rod

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alex B
    Participant

Hi, I have my grandfather’s 1951 or ’52 Fleetwin which I have managed to keep running “all these years”. Unfortunately after I disassembled the unit to inspect the impeller, I could not locate the 203043, lower clutch rod, for reassembly. (My neighbor suspects someone passing by because I keep a clean garage and know where every other part is, but I will take the responsibility.) Does anyone know who I could contact for a salvaged one or, if not, would anyone be willing to send me the specifications on one so I could make a new one?
      Thank you AOMC!
      -Alex B

Alex B
      Participant

Hi, I have my grandfather’s 1951 or ’52 Fleetwin which I have managed to keep running “all these years”. Unfortunately after I disassembled the unit to inspect the impeller, I could not locate the 203043, lower clutch rod, for reassembly. (My neighbor suspects someone passing by because I keep a clean garage and know where every other part is, but I will take the responsibility.) Does anyone know who I could contact for a salvaged one or, if not, would anyone be willing to send me the specifications on one so I could make a new one?
        Thank you AOMC!
        -Alex B

Does anyone know who I may contact for antique Evinrude salvaged parts? I have tried the Brazilian Connection, vintageoutboard.com, and boatsportandtackle.com

Thanks, Alex!

bobw
        Participant

US Member

You might try Tim’s Outboard (timsoutboard.com) or Dan Gano at ganotech.com

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

1 user thanked author for this post.
          20mercman
          Participant

US Member

There was a recent post showing the parts list for the Fleetwin. I have quite a few extra parts, If you can find the parts list, show what the link looks like so I make sure I am thinking of the same part. I don’t check here every day, but I will try to remember to look back for this post.

Steve

Goman
            Participant

Here is a parts list. I have the complete list somewhere?

CIMG1013

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Mumbles.
              1 user thanked author for this post.
              20mercman
              Participant

US Member

OK, I will look and see if I can find one.

Steve

Alex B
                Participant

Thank you Steve,

Since my Fleetwin is under 70,000 I believe it would be 203043 as seen in the attached document if you are able to open it.

52FleetwinF-1-

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Mumbles.
                  20mercman
                  Participant

US Member

I am sorry Alex, but I went into the garage attic twice today,…..Very hot up there….I found the box with all the neutral clutch Fleetwin parts, but unfortunately no clutch rod. I probably have almost enough to build another motor, but I looked in two places that I though it could be, and I just can’t find it. I will keep looking, but in the mean time, perhaps someone else can help.

Steve

Alex B
                    Participant

Thank you for the effort Steve!

20mercman
                      Participant

US Member

I think I may have found it. It is just a straight rod with the ball on the top. The other end is flat. I don’t know if it is supposed to have any groove or hook on the bottom end. The one I have is just the end of a round rod.

Steve. (Sorry I was up north last week, and I didn’t find it until yesterday.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.