Home Forum Ask A Member Getting the gas out when you’re done using a motor.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    reivertom
    Participant

US Member

deleted duplicate

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by reivertom.
      necks
      Participant

US Member

I have been using Sea-Foam on all the motorized equipment cars, trucks, riding mowers, outboard motors, lawn mowers, generators, in everything I have for the last 5 years. Living in Minn it seems like its non stop getting  motors ready for hibernation. I always use non-oxy gas and add correct amount of sea-foam per 6 gallons of fuel. When putting winter equip ready for storage, I run engine out of gas, take spark plug out & add a couple drops of oil in cylinder, reinstall new sparkplug, a 4 gallon fuel tank on my riding mower, I always top fuel tank off till full, Same with outboard motors, disconnect fuel line, or shut off fuel source, remove spark plugs and repeat procedure. If I have low gas in Merc tanks or Johnsons, pour remaining fuel in tank of your car, or use remainder of fuel for washing parts. I get fuel in 6 gallon tanks and been adding Sea-Foam each time I fill tanks up, as for other fuel mix,  30-1, 50-1, straight gas, I always add the correct amount of sea-foam. That way I know every fuel tank I got, has sea-foam added. The little bit extra it costs to stabilize the fuel up front, saves a big headache, when its time to fire up the equipment.

Gene.

The Boat House
        Participant

I bought one of these large syringes, and use it for everything. I suck oil from mowers, gas from small tanks, and I use it to refill gear cases, etc. It comes apart and I clean it with brake cleaner if I need to. It’s called the:

Mityvac MVA6851 Fluid Extractor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MPQ8RBG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by reivertom.

I’m kind a bias as far as my bottle goes but I
          have the extractor in my eBay watched items.
          Putting in gear oil was always a pain.
          I was thinking I could put a hole for hose in
          the cap of a gear oil bottle. If I put the hose
          all the way to the bottom I could push the oil
          out. I don’t mess with cars much anymore but
          I’m going to try it on a gear case. Could be
          another good idea that ends up in the dumpster.
          If it does I’ll have one of those before its time
          to change the gear oil in the motors I run this
          year. Thanks for posting.
          Tubs

joecb
          Participant

US Member

Jrm80,  if you are running “no ethanol” gas, and only putting up the motor for the few months over winter, I would not be concerned about the bit of gas/oil mix in the bottom of the bowl.  Now , for long term storage and/or 10% ethanol gas… it’s a different story.

Joe B

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.