Home Forum Ask A Member Happiness is:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mr-asa
    Participant

Clearing the garage out so I can actually use it, then having (almost) everything primered and ready for paint.

What stage of project got you feeling satisfied recently?

And because it has been running through my head all day…
      "Bang bang, shoot shoot"

Doug Wilson
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

getting magneto back together with good spark on both cylinders the first time. Ready to prime lower unit on another project now too.
        Doug

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
        turned off?

beerman57
        Participant

2 OMC 10hp blocks all cleaned up and ready for rebuilds. The QD19 is getting conn. rod with bearing upgrade. The 1962 is a fresh/used block, the original block is junk.

Mumbles
          Participant

Successfully removing the internal rust from some pressure tanks!

The first step in restoring some tanks is completed!

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Room for more motors … 😀

gjonz
              Participant

Picking up a Golden Pennant-styled Corsair by Scott Atwater for 30.00.

Then getting it home to find out my 5hp Corsair was actually a 10hp!

Aha! That’s why it seemed so heavy!

Greg

fleetwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Made some great progress on a 77 15hp and a 40hp Bigtwin gearcase last weekend.

Steve D
                  Participant

Having motors start on the 2nd or 3rd pull after all the work you put into them. Picked up these 2 last year, both not running at the time and didn’t get around to working on them until last month. Went through the ignitions, carbs, lower units, and broken handle assembly on the Evinrude. Caught a nice day last week and put ’em in water and both started real easy and smoothed out real nice after the carbs were dialed in. That made me real happy!

photo upload

mr-asa
                    Participant

quote Garry in Tampa:

Room for more motors … 😀

Little lady found a home in foreclosure that is on about 2 acres, and has a hobby shop on the property. The shop is big enough for 5-6 cars and comes with a hydraulic lift in it already.
                      I drove by it and liked it until the train went past just past the back yard.

quote Steve D:

Having motors start on the 2nd or 3rd pull after all the work you put into them. Picked up these 2 last year, both not running at the time and didn’t get around to working on them until last month. Went through the ignitions, carbs, lower units, and broken handle assembly on the Evinrude. Caught a nice day last week and put ’em in water and both started real easy and smoothed out real nice after the carbs were dialed in. That made me real happy!

photo upload

I have a 5.5HP that I need to check out. It runs, but only at WOT. I’m thinking there’s a carb issue.

I like the updates, guys!

makeitrun
                      Participant

Taking all this and getting it to run again fired up on the second pull.
                        New lower seals/impeller, replaced crank , connecting rod and piston.

Reason for rebuilding

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.