Home Forum Ask A Member HD-25 Running hot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    edgartc
    Participant

I am working on a Johnson HD25 I have it running and changed the water walbler pump but it seems to run hot. I am checking with my non-contact thermometer on the head away from the exhaust side. I am reading 220-235 degrees seems hot compared to other motors I can’t see much if any water spray from the leg, to bad it doesn’t have a telltale. Is it possible it doesn’t like the test tank? Or do I have a blockage? I have blown air from the flush screw to the water pump housing and it seems open? Help please
      I took the flush screw out and started it and only a trickle of water came out? shouldn’t it be more?

Mumbles
      Participant

Was the wobbler a new part or used? Any looseness between the wobbler and the lobe driving it will affect the pumps output.

edgartc
        Participant

the impeller is new, it fits tight around the wobbler, I have been told that a new impeller might be to tick. this one was not if anything it might be thinner that the original that has a sloppy fit on the wobbler?

steveh
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

HD-25s run hot. There will be a fine spray of water coming out of the right side of the lower unit.

frankr
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

So which do you have, a TN-25 or HD-25? Check the area where the water tube sticks down into the pump. There is a thick rubber seal there that has a habit of closing in over the end of tube, restricting water flow. Carve that obstruction away and try it again.

A TN does have a tell tale, a small hole drilled in the brass water pipe elbow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.