Home Forum Ask A Member Help finding the year of a "new" outboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mightymite
    Participant

US Member

Hey guys, I,m trying to fix a motor for a friend, but can’t figure out the year to order the right parts. It is a 2hp honda. The plate in the front says BF2D and the serial number plate on the side of the transom bracket says BZBF 1100853. It is a long shaft and has the tiller throttle control. I believe it has the clutch so I think it is an LCHA. The Honda sites I looked at say there is a letter or number after the "BF2D" that tells the year. But, there is none on this motor. All help appreciated. Thanks, John, Member

beerman57
      Participant

Search for a Honda dealer, probably open at least half a day Saturday?

ddoyle
        Participant

punch 1998 into the parts dealers search and see if the diagrams match the engine. the 2 million serial numbers started in 2004 so if 98 aint right work your way up.

BTW Friends DO NOT facilitate honda 2 hp 4 stroke spending by friends. Literally the biggest piece of crap on the water. Garbage. Crankcase is made of bubble gum wrappers, parts are stupid expensive and as you are finding info is too hard to find. FYI the service specs on these BF 2 hp engines changes significantly from year to year I have about a gigabyte of data here on hondas and I look at it purely to assure myself that Antiques are the way to enjoy the water.

If he nicks the prop it is 70 bucks, coil 100 bucks…………. I’d sell mine but I just can’t bring myself to saddle anyone else with it. They might convince themselves it is worth what I have into it and spend hard earned money on it believing the honda hype. I can’t do that in good conscience.

Does he know how LOUD it is going to be?

EDIT:

I have a copy of Honda Service Workshop and repair BF2D Paper book Part no. 66zw600. If you are a member PM an email and I can send it to you. it is 4 mb which my comp/inet connection balk at so please confirm it is the right one for your project before asking.

rmhxruss
          Participant

The Honda motor BZBF-1100853 is a BF2DYLCHA about a 2000 year model. Parts diagram is on Honda.com under Honda Marine. In general the Parts from Honda are less expensive than all other brands of outboard motor no matter size. This is because Honda sells a ton of cars, motorcycles, generators and engines than the other outboard companies. Honda is the worlds largest motor manufacturer. In other words they get better pricing on parts from the suppliers. Overall a good motor some parts would be better if stainless steel but no other company uses stainless fuel bowls either.

ddoyle
            Participant

I can buy a brand new hand built in the USA coil with wires and good will for a 1925 Elto cheaper then you can swap out a BF 2 coil with a product from china. Cheap yeah. The 4 screws that hold the carb top on will cost you 32 USD …….. Junk junk junk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.