Home Forum Ask A Member Help identifying a prop?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    davidk
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can anyone help identify this prop and it’s application? Stamped 100615. 3 blade bronze.

IMG_0338

IMG_0337

Randy in Tampa
      Participant

Looks like a U model speeditwin or fastwin because of holes for circulating water….🤔

Rotary valve Johnson’s Rule!

davidk
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks for your guess Randy. Does the prop number, 100615 look like a Johnson/OMC part number?

Anonymous

Yes, please post some full up close pictures. It could also be a Lockwood prop.

davidk
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

IMG_0346

IMG_0347

Anonymous

I looked for the number 100615 in all of my parts lists. I don’t think it is a Johnson prop. Johnson didn’t use the 100 prefix. In old Evinrude master parts lists the 100— series numbers are used, but they hit around the 100615. So Randy may be right. I do not have speeditwin or fastwin parts lists that show 100 series numbers. The back side of the prop does not look like a Lockwood prop.

Anonymous

I’ll try a different way to search. I will look at old Michigan Wheel catalogs for a 10 1/2 dia. x 11 pitch three blade prop with cooling holes and see what I can find.

sydinnj
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Looks a lot like my Speeditwin prop but I do not have that motor here for me to check on it. I do not remember seeing a 3 blade on the Fastwins. I just went and pulled out my manuak for the Speeditwin models 156,157,167,168 and it does look like it, the numbers for the 3 blade are 110501 and a 100408

Tom
                    Participant

US Member

What’s the shaft diameter? That would differentiate between Fastwin and Speeditwin. It looks exactly like the prop on my ’29 Fastwin.

T

davidk
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I measure the inner diameter of the prop and got .55 inch. Measure a prop I have for my Fastwin and got the same.

I consulted the parts list for my 1929 Speeditwin which lists the prop as part number 110501. The race prop would be 110503. I don’t have a parts list for the Fastwin.

I appreciate the interest and assistance on this question. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.