Home Forum Ask A Member Help johnson A 1922

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sbrown21
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I just bought a Johnson A 1581 serial number , I bought it for $40.00 but it was locked up. I spent a couple of days on her before she broke loose. I have a couple of questions 1. did they have a grease zert on the lower unit? 2. It has a cast alum. gas tank but has a old decal that doesn’t look right it’s marked Johnson Seahorse 3 ? Final question does the prop come off like the newer units with the shear behind the prop or is mine just in need of a little pressure ? Thank you I can’t find any pictures .

Doug Wilson
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am not sure on the ones from the 20s but the A-50 and K-50 both early 30’s have a shear pin in them.

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
        turned off?

The Boat House
        Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
          sbrown21
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you guys for the info , someone put a grease zerk on this motor I will have to find a screw to bring it back to original and the magneto reads higher than any one I have ever tested ( 30 on the 1k scale ) so I hope that’s good or back to the hunt for one of those.

jcrigan
            Participant

Did you check the resistance at the coil or across the spark plug leads. There are several places in the circuit that could have resistance.

Goman
              Participant

Nice find. Try to post some pictures. A lot on here can dissect it pretty good for you.

The Boat House
                Participant

Sent you a PM.
                  Check your messages
                  at the top of the page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.