Help with 65′ Evinrude Fisherman 6HP

Home Forum Ask A Member Help with 65′ Evinrude Fisherman 6HP

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 95 total)

• t-bell

Replies: 44
    Topics: 1

Just to make sure we’re on the same page and I’m doing this right lol

Attachments:

t-bell

@crosbyman
    I don’t think I can do the tests you described without doing some reassembly here as I’ve torn it apart to test individual parts like I saw in the video (which I’ve already screwed up) so tell me? should I reassemble? or is my method sound but my testing was flawed haha?

t-bell

Secondary coil tests still show nothing though on all 4 coils 😕

Attachments:

t-bell

I’m at a loss honestly lol

Attachments:

t-bell

So am I f****** retarded or still doing something wrong or just this damn unlucky 🙁 😆

Attachments:

crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 3587
    Topics: 326

black to green is ok (bottom coil)

but black to HV pin on bottom coil reads open (no conductivity) so the winding is internally is broken (not good… make certain contact to pin is ok scrape the pin a bit to go to bare metal) )

Top coil also looks open winding on the high voltage side …

are these new coils… 😮

you should read 4-7 Kohms … ALWAYS use a scale above the expected max ohms reading you are using 2000 ohms to read 4-7 Kohms

p.s. just flip to 20 Kohms scale re-measure everything post results having seen that 2000 scale I suspect your coils are fine…

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

t-bell

Ohhhh ahhhhhh damn lol (another facepalm moment) since cajuncookone was using ×1 or 1000 ohms I figured I was in the next closest range and should get similar readings AND HE ALSO STATES THAT IS THE RANGE TO USE!?!? But what you’re saying would DEFINITELY make more sense I will try everything again using 20k scale and post the results! And YES the BLACK HEELED COILS with TOP AND BOTTOM WRITTEN ARE BRAND NEW Sierra coils, the shiny heeled coils with no writing are the old coils by prufrex out of Germany.

t-bell

20k ohm scale results 😳

Attachments:

t-bell

20k ohm test results

Attachments:

t-bell

I guess on the bright side ive got a spare pair of freaking coils whenever I need em…. F*** me lmao 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.