Home Forum Ask A Member Help with prop identification.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    david-bartlett
    Participant

I have a bronze prop that was on my 1948 SpeediTwin. It is a Michigan prop, it has the letters AM, then some illegible numbers, then the number 219P. 3 blades. Shaft size is roughly 1", and the hub length is approx. 1-7/8". Diameter approx 9-3/4".

Taking any and all guesses. Thanks.

Anonymous

Dave could you post pictures of the prop at different angles? It may be a AM162 @11p or AM163 @10p

david-bartlett
        Participant

XR55,

Here are some pictures. .com/albums/e1/dbartlett1958/PC170230_zpsuzwod3yy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks

The Boat House
          Participant

retiredoz
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Closest I get is AM 220 ( I think this is AM 219) for Johnson SD. 9 1/2 x 11, light boats and loads..Seems odd that the wear would be limited to where the illegible serial number would go ?

eltoquad
              Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

With a 1" bore and 9 3/4" dia I’d say it is for a ’46 to ’50 Speeditwin or Speedifour. Maybe an AM163.

david-bartlett
                Participant
                  quote eltoquad:

With a 1″ bore and 9 3/4″ dia I’d say it is for a ’46 to ’50 Speeditwin or Speedifour. Maybe an AM163.

Well it was on the SpeediTwin when I got it so if I get it running I will see how it goes.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.