Home Forum Ask A Member hobby/business cards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    opposedtwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

over the years I have seen a bunch of cool business cards with old outboards on them. I checked out vista print but they didn’t have anything close. where do you guys get those fancy cards? do you have to send them an image of the motor to put it on there?

here’s another question. are they effective? I am aware most business cards that are out there wind up getting tossed, but are you finding people call you after seeing your card or after having hung onto it for awhile?

scott

mr-asa
      Participant

I still have a business card from one of our Florida members I got at my first meet, Ron aka "Snapper"
        One of the only reasons I was able to decipher my grandpop’s motor.

outboard315
        Participant

I made my own, Wal-Mart has the paper that you can run through a normal printer then perforations to break them apart. You just search the internet for a picture you want it design what you want, put your information on it and print away. I like them for meets since I use a user name different then my real name and put them on my stuff and people know who to look for. Also if you meet some one you want to contact later about a lead you can give them a card. If you use a lot then you can order some from staples or Vista print and give them your card as an example.

seakaye12
          Participant

US Member

Vista Print allows you to upload your image online for incorporation to one of their business card templates. So; like Outboard315 says….fine an image you like on line and then save it on your computer….then log onto Vista Print and have at it!

http://www.vistaprint.com/studio.aspx?p … nOptions_1

kees
            Participant

International Member - 2 Years

😀 Cheapest is;
              design your own with a nice photo of your most favourite antique outboard on it
              go to a copy shop and make a couple of prints on thick paper
              ask if they can cut it in the right measurements ( or do it yourself )
              and for a few bucks you get your own hobby card
              ( f.e. for 50 cards , you only need 5 copies , if you can cut 10 from a sheet LOL ) 😀

chris-p
              Participant

Vista Print is pretty cheap. I had 500 cards made for peanuts really. I uploaded a picture I wanted on it, and sent it to them, easy as that.

george-cantabene
                Participant

I made my own using Microsoft publisher. Im sure that there are many similar programs that can do the same thing. Plunk in a picture or whatever, place your contact info & you are good to go. Be sure to make your page size the size of a business card, The program places 10 on a sheet & you are set. For a nominal price, you can but perforated card stock for cards like this.

I love to pass them out saying here is a card with a picture of my Johnson on it……. 😀 😀

George

garry-in-michigan
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

I made my own using photoshop. I used a picture I took at one of the meets plus the avatar I used here. It became obsolete when my telephone number changed

– 😀

bobprock4200
                    Participant

US Member

My daughter is a graphic designer, I’m quite proud of how it looks. I’ll have to scan it in so show you. Or, if you get to Tomahawk you can pick one up for yourself!

alexandersnyder
                      Participant

I made my business cards from one of the best firm http://www.puremetalcards.com/.
                        Looks of my business cards are so impressive that they are helping me a lot by advertising my business in a very right direction. Every client making deals by just seeing my metallic business cards. Guys, go and try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.