How to find part numbers for kits?

Home Forum Ask A Member How to find part numbers for kits?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)

• mr-asa

Replies: 794
    Topics: 138

I’m looking for a carb kit for my Fastwin. With the MarineEngines.com site I can find individual parts, but I can’t seem to find actual kits including all the seals as one unit. Is there a quick way to find those numbers?
    I’m not just looking for carb kits, but a general method of finding part numbers for various kits.

Most places don’t seem to like to search by obsolete part numbers either, any possibility of some translation help with those?

chris-p

Replies: 2456
    Topics: 153

Well, what model number are you talking about?

There is no OEM gearcase seal kit. For that, you would need to buy a Sierra aftermarket. There is an online Sierra catalogue. I also sell seal kits.

The Sierra carb kit part number that covers the ’57 to ’68 Fastwin is part number 18-7043, or OEM 382047 (off the top of my head>? Ill check that) Sierra kits do not come with a float by the way.

The ’69 to 73 18hp will be different.

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

iboats.com has the Sierra kits listed by application. Not very user friendly, but it’s there.

frankr

Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

For marineengine.com go to the main Evinrude parts page and scroll down to the bottom. There you will find the Sierra Marine catalog. Click and enjoy.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

439071 should be the P/N for the OMC/BRP carb kit for your motor.

http://shop.evinrude.com/products/55263 … s?p=439071

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

Carb kits and water pump kits are usually listed on the same page of the OEM parts list as the carb or lower unit break-down. On marinengine.com, I chose a few random engines and saw the carb kits as a picture of a box, with its own diagram reference number.

I have never heard of an OEM seal kit, either…..

Long live American manufacturing!

jerry-ahrens

Replies: 986
    Topics: 40

If you can get an old copy of a BRP [OMC] parts catalog, they are very handy. They list all of the kit part numbers for carbs, water pumps, tune up kits, etc.

mr-asa

Replies: 794
    Topics: 138

Thanks guys.
    I mis-spoke when I said "seals" more meant gasket kits.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

I can send you a ’74 Johnson Parts Reference Guide PDF but I’ll need your email addy again. I couldn’t find carb kits listed in it but my ’80 Reference Guide does. I can always scan the page out of it and send it to.

My dealer supplies gearcase seal kits for the 9.9 – 15 horse motors but I’m not sure about any others.

aquasonic

Replies: 634
    Topics: 42

Here’s what works for me. I do a search on Ebay like "1955 OMC Carb Kit". After getting the results, it is easy to narrow down the kit you need, by the title and description.

Then you can use Marine Engine, an Ebay vendor, or any other marine supply of your choice. I use the kit that Mumbles recommended 439071 because it has the foam float that I hope is better in the long run.

I just purchased one for $23.69 with free shipping on Ebay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.