Home Forum Ask A Member How to search Ask A Member for specific subject.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    moxie-man
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

How do you search the Ask A Member for specific subject. I tried to find Wizard (generic for any wizard outboard info) in the search box while logged into ask a member as a member. No threads cameup. When I search google with wizard and AOMCI , I get connection into the ask members with multiple single thread connections. Search has not worked in any of the other chat rooms either. I assume same key strokes apply to all site areas. Please correct if i am wrong.

Two more questions: On the 2008 site design there was Ask A Member info that was lost and not retrievable , is there a way to retrieve and store it using current technology for us to incorporate into the current site.

With the current site,s Ask A Member data base how far back (date ) does it go.

moxie-man
      Participant

Had an idea and stumbled on the search box in the members section, so all set on the search question. Any info on the other two questions appreciated.

The Boat House
        Participant

moxie-man
          Participant

Tubs,

Thank you. I remember seeing you on the site in at least 2009. Your have indirectly provided me with a lot of info over the years. Do you remember when the last version of our site started and ended prior to this new version? I wish I had down loaded or hard copied a lot of the 2009sh info before that site data base just vanished.

The Boat House
            Participant

I really don’t know the evolution of the
              web sight or the different variations of
              discussion boards. I’ve been a member
              on and off since around 1999 or 2000
              when there was only the green board.
              While there was some loss of information
              at that time we still have the source from
              where it came. Its probably just as easy
              to ask a question as it is to search the
              answerer to one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.