I have angler issues

Home Forum Ask A Member I have angler issues

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

• frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

Here is what the beast looks likeL

pic host

how to take a screenshot on a pc

wedgie

Replies: 1043
    Topics: 78

Wow Frank, Thanks for going to all the trouble !

Thanks Ed. If your prop will fit I’d be interested. 😉

If I can’t find a usable prop I guess I will keep this motor for parts for a 6 horse.

melugin

Replies: 260
    Topics: 32

I have a NOS Michigan wheel PJ-7, 8 x 7 1/2, 3 blade aluminum prop, last one here. This is the economy model which does not have the clutch hub, as the AMC Michigan prop. Send me a PM if you are interested. Shipping may cost more than the part, though.

bbstacker1

Replies: 30
    Topics: 4

Just happens to be one listed on ebay right now, not very often they come up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201517647241?_t … EBIDX%3AIT

enrico-italy

Replies: 48
    Topics: 6

The thermostat was optional in Anglers.

The cylinder head is exaclty the same of 6 hp, so it is easy to put it in place.

The correct prop is a 8" x 7.5" x 3 blades, left handle, and is essentially similar to the 3 hp one, with the same shear pin and rubber ogive.

I wondered the 5 hp can use a longer pitch than the 6 hp with the same gear ratio ( the 1976 and later 6hp uses 12:25 ratio and 8×7 prop instead of 15:26 and 8×71/4 of first series) but it is…

I have a ’66 johnson LD 11 and I will check if a part number is on its prop.

enrico-italy

Replies: 48
    Topics: 6

oops… too late… I’m sorry…

wedgie

You guys are awesome.

I suppose I should get this Angler running first before I spend anything on it. I have a whole pile of 30 other motors to go through too and see which ones are viable to get running or just part them out. Up until now I had never considered trying to recoup my investment in this hobby.Now I have to due to space limitations with the doubling of the inventory overnight.

Thanks again everyone for all the info 😀

wedgie

I found a prop in my attic that I’d forgotten I had. Thanks for all the prop offers and indeed, I may need another one at some point for another motor.

Popped in some fresh coils, cleaned the points, didn’t even touch the carb and it started on the 3rd pull.

http://vid635.photobucket.com/albums/uu … d6lucs.mp4

melugin

Replies: 260
    Topics: 32

Dandy!

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.