Home Forum Ask A Member Improved Software

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    garry-in-michigan
    Participant

Lifetime Member

I have been having continuing problems with my 4+ year old Imac. The Genius at the Mac store sugested I upgrade my Operating System to there OSX El Capitan – so I did.

. . . . . 😡

After upgrading for 6 hours I pulled the plug. It has been converteg into a 30 watt reading light – nothing but a white screen.

I dug out my 2009 Mac Mini and it also has much trouble running the 2015 software. SO I have lost all my bookmarks & addressbook contents. I cannot find a link to the Dockside Chat … It drops exturnal hard drive’s and has trouble with almost everything. (I have thumb drives bigger than it’s hard drive.) It does not recognise my telephone (I cannot call in or out) nor any DVD or CD. What this means I will be incomunicoto untill I can negociate a new computor …

. . . 🙁 . . . 😥

Garry

mr-asa
      Participant

Take the iMac back to that "Genius" and make him fix it would be my suggestion.

Hope it works out for you, soon

The Boat House
        Participant

Take it back and go the store manager.
          Ask him why the store is paying someone
          to give computer advice that isn’t qualified
          resulting in angry customers because the
          advice messed up their computer?

tom-c
          Participant

Can you get your computer to the mac store? They can run a diagnostic test on it. At only 4 years old it should not have any trouble running the new Operating System.

mini-motors
            Participant

The problem with taking it to them is that they make you set an appointment ONLINE! WE had to take my daughters Mac in and they made us go to a computer on the other side of the room to set the appointment. Lucky for them, they "saw" us in 15 minutes. Makes me think if these geniuses can’t put a name on a list, how are they qualified to fix my computer.

pappy
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Garry, I would go with what has been suggested. At 4 years old the computer is still fairly current. Probably another two years and then start looking to upgrade.
                Talking to the store manager would be a good suggestion as well. You did what was suggested and now your computer is a desk ornament. The store manager needs to know what is going on with his employees and will probably step in and assist.

need2fish
                Participant

Garry, there’s an outfit called Screwbox @ Columbus & MacDill. The owner, Steve is known for his honesty and low cost. Maybe he can give you a senior’s discount.

Ken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.