Home Forum Ask A Member Is this fuel line OK?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The Boat House
    Participant
      jerry-ahrens
      Participant

US Member

I haven’t seen any of the old 2 line hose that has a barrier liner inside. So I think you would be good with that hose. I’ts funny that the haven’t made all fuel hose have the EPA mandated liner… the black Gates hose doesn’t have it either. Maybe because it’s not Coast Guard approved?

dan-in-tn
        Participant

US Member

If you read the description close I wonder what you are buying? No problem with any inner liner on this type hose, but look at his first statement under conditions. That little disclaimer always makes me wonder if you are actually buying OEM hose? Of course I would ditch the white clamps just for aesthetics. They make black ones, but you can use the old style ones if they are still on the tank. Make you a tool out an old set of pliers.
          The price (last I bought $2.99/ft) is about right (dealer+shipping).

Dan in TN

outbdnut2
          Participant

US Member

I’ve used Sierra dual hose on several tanks with good results….and no inner liner.
            Dave

The Boat House
            Participant

Thanks everyone.
              I was asking for a friend.
              He has some coming.

joecb
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

As far as I can tell, all this "new" dual fuel line is the same stuff…Sierra #18-8051. You can get a fifty foot roll from NAPA

Joe B

garry-in-michigan
                Participant

Lifetime Member

I had to have them "Special order" a 50′ roll because they didn’t carry it in stock. They charged me $5.00 for the privilege. When I got the notice it had come in, I was there in 2 days to pick it up. Where I started cutting it up to put it on my tanks. I found the roll was only 42 feet long. They, of course, denied any wrong doing. I have not bought anything from them since.

Have them measure it before you take it out of the store.

The inside diameter is tight. Hold the end against an ice cube, then countersink the rubber. Then warm it up to slide it on the fitting with a drop of oil. 😎

outbdnut2
                  Participant

US Member

I bought 50′ of Sierra a few years ago – it works great.. I have sold a couple 10′ lengths to other guys at my cost plus mailing.

It’s approx $2 per foot.

https://www.iboats.com/shop/sierra-twin-fuel-line-hose-50-18-8051.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.