Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson Dealer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yooperrigged
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Hello everyone. Has anyone ever heard of an outboard dealer/store called Volkanants? I have two stickers on my 1956 CD 13 that appear to be an advertisement. The motor currently resides in WI. Thanks in advance. Dan

20200324_160116

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Mumbles.
      Buccaneer
      Participant

May be that Volkanant is somewhat of a rare name, but searches show there were
        some around Minnesota.

Prepare to be boarded!

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Descendants of a Russian immigrant who came to the USA in 1432 and started an outboard dealership in 1465 …. but customer canoes were breaking up so they folded . Couple centuries later Ole Evinrude’s family settled on a farm in Ripley Lake near Cambridge, Wisconsin.

He read up on the forgotten invention on some birch bark he found in a cave and started up a “new business” just to keep his girlfriend ‘s ice from melting as he rowed across the lake Superior from McDonald’s.

She was so impressed with him she married him and had 12 kids but they all got sea sick crossing the lake so they opened up a McD franchise in the US. He named the new company “Johnson” based on his first child’s name John. the rest is history .

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by crosbyman.
          yooperrigged
          Participant

Well there it is…I guess 🙂

seakaye12
            Participant

Descendants of a Russian immigrant who came to the USA in 1432 and started an outboard dealership in 1465 …. but customer canoes were breaking up so they folded . Couple centuries later Ole Evinrude’s family settled on a farm in Ripley Lake near Cambridge, Wisconsin.

He read up on the forgotten invention on some birch bark he found in a cave and started up a “new business” just to keep his girlfriend ‘s ice from melting as he rowed across the lake Superior from McDonald’s.

She was so impressed with him she married him and had 12 kids but they all got sea sick crossing the lake so they opened up a McD franchise in the US. He named the new company “Johnson” based on his first child’s name John. the rest is history .

HaHa very good Crosbyman! I felt like I was reading a page from one of my elementary school history books. Some of those have about the same level of factuality…..

johnyrude200
              Participant

try looking in one of the old Johnson dealer directories. They are fairly common and had a listing of all dealers throughout the country.

Mumbles
                Participant

It looks more like a tag removed from a toy, a tool, an ornament, or some other product. A dealers tag would have the address and phone number of their business on it.

stanley
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Maybe ?

C914C828-5C1F-4D64-B46A-7CFD651800F2

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Mumbles.
                    Buccaneer
                    Participant

I miss the big department stores of yore that had “everything”……..
                      from lawmowers, outboards, fine furniture, shovels, blue jeans…..
                      what ever one desired.

Prepare to be boarded!

yooperrigged
                      Participant

The large Mpls. department store seems to make the most sense. There are actually two stickers on the engine…one on the front and one the back of the shroud. Regardless it is in great condition and the best $50 I’ve spent in a long time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.