Johnson KA-38 Update

Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson KA-38 Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• mike-stroz

Replies: 181
    Topics: 38

I just started digging into my new KA-38 today (just $75!!!) and I have to say, there are some really weird things going on with it. For instance, the coils, condensers, and points are all shiny and new, but there aren’t any spark plug wires… The carb is also immaculate, looks freshly rebuilt, even the cork float is coated so it won’t disintegrate… Except for a huge hole in the side where someone dropped the (nicely restored/refurbished) motor… There’s also no flywheel nut for whatever reason and the bracket that holds the tiller is complete junk. Why would someone go through all the trouble making the motor nice (and it is VERY nice on the inside) and then forget important things so it won’t run? Overall, it’s really nice, just some strange things going on… I’ll try and post some pics of it when I get a chance, as I’m sure many people would want to see it.

dmbono

Replies: 83
    Topics: 11

hi Mike

that motor was cleaned up and used for display. probably hasn’t seen water for a while. Test the coils, and solder on some new wires. There was a K-70 for sale in Salem CT a while back that might be good for parts.

Steve A W

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 761
    Topics: 52

The p/o probably got that far and it fell over and He got so mad he
    stuck it in the corner and tried to forget about it!!

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
    I live in Northwest Indiana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.