Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson of Oakland, Kaminc, and Stannus Props

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    handyandy
    Participant

US Member

I saw a box of bronze props at an antique store. With the wife. There were at least two Johnson of Oakland, a Kaminc, and Stannus propellers. Are these inboard or outboard props. Most seemed small for inboard use, maybe 8" diameter.

Johnson S34 and H11

Kaminc MC 4633

St. Annus 1439

Attachments:

chris-p
      Participant

I hope you bought em!

I would have to look up the numbers. I have a few Oakland props, for my Speeditwin.

Mumbles
        Participant

If the bore is tapered, they’ll be for inboard shafts but the smaller props also used a straight bore with a pin.

The old rental clinker boats from around here had small props on the brass shafts. I guess it was a good match for the single cylinder Briggs motors that were spinning them.

I have one with a short piece of shaft out in the shop so I’ll measure it when I go out there.

handyandy
          Participant

US Member

It would be helpful to have an idea of the application of these props. If they are for outboard motors and can be of use to members, I will pick them up.

I have the following application table for Johnson Propellers that someone posted awhile ago, but no propeller numbers, only dimensions. If someone has a list of applications by prop number, please share!

Attachments:

adam1961
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

They all look like left hand props, so they would be mercury or Evinrude speeditwin/speedifour 22.5/33 hp"
              A couple look similar to ones that I have for my speeditwin. The kaminc is probably mercury.
              I would grab them and post the ones you can’t use here. I would be interested in Evinrude props if available.

Anonymous

kaminc is keikheafer aero marine inc. mercury for sure.

handyandy
                Participant

US Member

Well I went back and made a deal. Turns out an older couple brought them in; they had owned a marine service business and these were take-offs for repair/replacement. A couple have bent tips or chips off the trailing edge, but most appear in good shape.

I have one ID’ed for sure. It has the OMC part 100726. The 1945 Evinrude Service manual says this is the standard for Models 905-907 Elto Special Speedster 9 HP 1931-1933.

Others to be identified:

Michigan KD5 (8.5" diameter, have not measured pitch yet)

Kaminc MC 4634 7" x 10 (marked)

Stannus 1477-1 8.5" diameter
                  Stannus 1477-2 8.5" diameter
                  Stannus 1429-1 8.5" diameter

Unmarked 9.5" diameter

Johnson of Oakland 8 1/2 (marked 8 3/4") x 12 1/2 (marked)
                  Johnson of Oakland 8 3/4" (marked 9") x 11 1/2 (marked)
                  Johnson of Oakland 8 3/4" (marked 9") x 11 (marked)
                  Johnson of Oakland 8 3/4" (marked 9") x 13 (marked)

gil
                  Participant

The KD5 is listed for a KG9……8 3/8 x 14 $18.90 new

John Schubert
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

It looks like the Kaminc’s are quicksilver props for KG7H’s or MK20H’s. If you bought them I’d be interested in purchasing them from you.

chris-p
                      Participant

I too collect these. Any you are interested in selling please PM me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.