Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson seahorse 4 model A-50 value

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nta578
    Participant

I am looking to price an antique johnson seahorse 4 Model A-50 outboard. It is in good condition all around, all stock parts are on the outboard as far as I know. The only damage is that one of the clamp style brackets is broken off half way, therehere are two small dents on the corners and one medium dent on the side. The orignonal tank stickers are damaged but somewhat there and there is a National Outboard Association sticker on it. The tank does not leak except for a slight amount at the gas shutoff valve. It does run in water but the carb needs to be cleaned and the water pump checked to be functioning properly.
      If anyone here would like to purchase this I can send videos of it running in water and pictures of the motor through email. I would love for this to go to a good home that wants to restore it to working conditions.

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

Hi Nta578,

If you can furnish a few pictures that might help. You can post them right here on the forum to catch people’s interest. Also it never hurts to let folks know the general geographic location of the motor since transportation can be expensive.

Good luck in finding her a home.

Technically you should post things for sale in the Classifieds section. There are people who look there daily and never look here…..and vice-versa.

Nta578
        Participant

Hey Seakaye12,

Thank you for the response and advice, I will definitely post this there with photos. Just in case, here are some photos of the motor, I will try to get some up-close pictures of the damage/cosmetics tomorrow. Also, I reside in upstate New York an hour away from Albany.

Nta578
          Participant

Photos Part 2.

Nta578
            Participant

Photos part 3.

David Bartlett
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Nice looking A-50

David Bartlett
                Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

squierka39
                Participant

US Member

It looks to be in nice shape and complete except for the tiller. In that shape in our upstate NY area those usually go for under $100.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by squierka39.
                  Nta578
                  Participant

Hey squierka39,

Not as much as i hoped, but still thank you for letting me know.

nabmd
                    Participant

US Member

which direction from Albany? I’m in Northern Columbia Co, just below the Berkshire spur of the Thruway; nabmd at berk dot com

Nta578
                      Participant

Hey nabmd,

Im just outside of saratoga, northwest of albany.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.