Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson TN 28

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tinkerman
    Participant

US Member

I tried posting to classifieds with no luck. I’m trying to locate (1) connecting rod for a Tn-28 5 hp Johnson. I’m trying to gather enough parts to rebuild this engine and so far I’ve found NOS Rings, pistons, and one connecting rod. If anybody has one or has a lead for one I’d surely appreciate the chance to purchase it. I know this probably isn’t the correct section to post but as I said I tried classifieds first

It's a jungle out there.

tinkerman
      Participant

US Member

Preferably NOS

It's a jungle out there.

RICHARD A. WHITE
        Participant

Lifetime Member

When posting to the classified ads, SOMETIMES, not always the system gets a hiccup and we as moderators need to approve the ad, we all have day jobs and are not always able to jump on the approval immediately. That being said you ad is approved as of 3 minutes ago. Richard

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
          classicomctools@gmail.com

frankr
          Participant

US Member

For information, Con rod is part number 42-75 (004275), listed as NLA

tinkerman
            Participant

US Member

Thanks frank and sorry Richard, I’ve only been a member for a month or so and didn’t know if ad placement was immediate or if there was a hiccup in the giddyup

It's a jungle out there.

tinkerman
              Participant

US Member

So far I’ve gotten my hands on new pistons , rods, rings, and a crank. Thanks for all your help you know who you are. Hopefully it’ll be like new in a few weeks!!

It's a jungle out there.

lloyd
                Participant

US Member

You will also need new Leather Primer Seals and instructions to install them for the carburetor. If so, send $10.00 cash (no checks) and a self addressed stamped envelope to: Lloyd Lautner, 9289 North Long Lake Road, Traverse City Michigan 49685
                  Good luck and have fun!

tinkerman
                  Participant

US Member

Thanks for the heads up and will do. I had already asked another member if you still had these and he wasn’t sure so thanks for the reply

It's a jungle out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.