Home Forum Ask A Member Just a little gripe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jcrigan
    Participant

It used to be a requirement here that when posting ads a person was supposed to provide contact information and where they are located. Why would anybody post an ad and not want anybody to contact them?

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I just attempted to post a classified for sale ad, the template did require a name and email….Don’t know about the location…

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I agree about the location. It used to be a requirement and it no longer is. I feel that it can only help if a motor’s general location is available to prospective buyers/sellers. I can understand that folks don’t want their address available but just a City or even a State or general geographic area should be there. IMHO.

As for contqct information…..it is there but is disguised by the username that the Seller is using. If I list something for sale you would click on “Seakaye12” and that in turn would e-mail me your inquiry; thus opening a form of communication. My e-mail address might be shielded from you but the mail would go through in the background.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by seakaye12.
          opposedtwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Agreed. I get excited about something and inquire about it only to be told it’s 1500 miles away. City and state should be required.

Scott

RICHARD A. WHITE
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Next people will be wanting the full ad listed in the title so they no longer have to read the ad…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
              classicomctools@gmail.com

Mumbles
              Participant

If it matters, I’m all for having the location included in classified ads to.

I deal on FB’s Marketplace quite a bit and location is what makes or breaks the deal. At the moment I am searching for a second vehicle and if one I like is too far away, I don’t waste anyone’s time by replying to it. One exception was for an electric winch I sold the other day. A buyer in Northern BC saw the ad and offered me a ridiculous amount of moola for the controls only. So after sending them away, the winch alone sold locally for the original asking price.

opposedtwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I didn’t say it had to be included in the title Richard. Just anywhere in the body of the text would suffice. It IS an important part of the ad. And it ISN’T that hard to add a 2 letter abbreviation of which state where the item is located.
                  Scott

RICHARD A. WHITE
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

My comment was in reference to the last time this came up, an individual that I do not remember, stated he wanted the State in the title so if that state was too far he did not have to bother opening up the ad…nothing more nothing less…no insults intended

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                    classicomctools@gmail.com

jcrigan
                    Participant

Location can be the deal breaker for me. Generally within one or two states is my limit for travel. Shipping can also cost more than the item is worth to me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.