Home Forum Ask A Member Just joined to make a vintage outboard available to the community

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    wedgie
    Participant

There are some members in Calgary, but they may not check in that often. I will try to contact them as I’m sure they would be delighted to have that motor, and if I were closer I would jump at the chance. Please don’t scrap it !

optsyeagle
      Participant

Put an ad on Kijiji that it is free and it will be gone in 10 minutes.

roj115
        Participant
          quote Mumbles:

Coming out to the island for holidays this summer?

Bring it with you and I’ll take you out salmon fishing! 😀

Dang it, a friend just came back from Red Deer!

I’ll be going about half way to the island if that helps. Got a place on the Shuswap that I’ll be going to. That’s where this motor has been at all these decades. I had it hauled to Calgary by a friend because I thought it would most likely be going east. It would be funny if it turns out that it would be going west instead and should have been left where it was. 🙄

I could get it back to the Shuswap if you know someone who might be up in that area this summer and who could get it the rest of the way out to the island.

I’ll still hit you up for the Salmon fishing trip next year! 😆

wedgie
          Participant

I know my 1960 doesn’t look as good as Mumbles’ 🙂

It too is a assemblage of different parts motors. The powerhead is a ’59 that uses a pressure tank. The following years were equipped with a fuel pump.

I need to find a prop and re seal the gearcase one of these days.

http://vid635.photobucket.com/albums/uu … lsrgp2.mp4

roj115
            Participant

Happy ending! Thanks to some help from Wedgie, the motor has gone to a great new home!

Wedgie gave me the names and addresses of 2 AOMCI members from my city. I called the first one who lives less than a mile from me and he came right over and took the motor. He says’s he’s going to get it running again and then eventually paint it up nice and restore it to its former glory. He has about 25 antique outboards in his collection so is obviously very knowledgeable and passionate about restoring vintage outboards.

I’m so glad to see it go to a good home and to know it’ll have a life again as a working and valued outboard. 🙂

Thanks to all who helped and encouraged me to keep searching for a new owner.

chris-p
              Participant

Great!

wedgie
                Participant

Stellar !

I’m glad you found a good home for it. Gotta love the happy endings

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

YES, IT IS SAVED!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.