k-35,40 mag set up

Home Forum Ask A Member k-35,40 mag set up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• baron0418

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 56
    Topics: 8

What is the proper way to set points on a opposed K-35,K40? I have the manual but it is difficult to set it up like it says in the book. Is there a trick I am unaware of? Or is it just a pain to do no matter what. I can get one or the other of the things it says but not both at the same time. Brian

Tom

Replies: 636
    Topics: 57

IIRC, there is a tick mark stamped into the bottom of the flywheel rim, and a match mark on the mag advance lever. The points should just be opening when the marks are lined up. To do this, you may have to move the points on the mag plate, then adjust the gap.

Sorry, I don’t have a diagram or photo.

Tom

baron0418

Sadly what the book says is the problem . I have a K-35 and a K-40 . on the K-35 the tick marks line up perfectly. so I set the points at .020, however as the flywheel rotates the points continue to open. That isn’t right is it? On the K-40 the tick marks are off about 3/4 of an inch. but they only open to .020 ???? I can get one or the other I cannot get both. Had to walk away a few times. Very frustrating. Brian

baron0418

I think I figured out how to do it. align the timing marks. tighten the points down. Now leave that alone! NOW thread the movable contact in or out to get your point setting. It does not say that in the book. But seems to work. MUCH easier too.I don’t know how the book expects you to align the tick marks THEN shift the points around to get .020 WITHOUT losing your previous setting Brian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.