Home Forum Ask A Member KE-4 Rocket ?s

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    wyo307
    Participant

Ok Guys I think you have me convinced to at least go see if it is in fact as nice as the photos make it look. I’ll probably buy it if it is. The problem is it is 4 hours away but I am already heading down there next weekend anyways so as long as he doesn’t sell it between now and then I’ll be good.

wyo307
      Participant

Well this motor ended up following me home this weekend. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. I ended up with it for $55. So now does anyone have a manual/parts diagram for this motor that they are willing to share with me? I’ll post up some better pictures of it this afternoon.

opposedtwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years
          seakaye12
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

There might be some useful information for free right here:

http://pub9.bravenet.com/photocenter/al … 8/49287/1/

fifty20ne
            Participant

I like this restoration video.

http://www.muskokaseaflea.ca/flash/KE4% … n/KE4.html

wyo307
              Participant

Thank you for the links guys!

wedgie
                Participant

Check wnyaomci website for parts manuals.

wyo307
                  Participant

Ok here are some more pictures of my new motor. Upon initial inspection it appears to be in complete original condition. There are just s couple very small dings in the tank and cowlings and a few scrapes here or there but that is it. From everything that I have seen online in my research my tiller grip appears to be incorrect is that right? I will have to replace the pull starter handle as well as the impeller I am assuming and maybe something in the mag plate but we will see when we get there. Is 95psi of compression adequate for this motor? Once again thank you to everyone for the help!

dave-bernard
                    Participant

tiller handle is correct. some hade a screwdriver in the handle try to unscrew the rubber part. that would be a bonus. great motor I had one back in the day. should have the phelon mag good. handle can be had at oldmercs.com

garry-in-michigan
                      Participant

Lifetime Member

I believe they all had a screw driver in the tiller (like the ’48 to ’51 Evinrude Sportwin and ’50 through ’53 Fleetwin) but if they were not unscrewed and lubricoted periodically they freeze up like they are welded. I have broken several Evinrude tiller handles trying to unscrew the screwdriver. . . 😮

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 63 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.