Home Forum Ask A Member lightfour question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wyo307
    Participant

Hello everyone,
      Someone near me is selling a pair of complete lightfours from 1941. They look to be in good condition and everything seems to be there on both of them. The tanks aren’t dented but the graphics are basically gone from both of them. What are these motors worth? I know that is a loaded question but these motors are a little out of my wheelhouse so I need some help to make a reasonable offer. I have a zephyr and a sportwin from this same era so they would be a nice addition to my collection.
      Thanks for the help

mercuryman
      Participant

I just sold a running 1946 Lightfour for $150 in N. Florida. Mine looked like the one’s you describe.

wyo307
        Participant

Thanks for the reply. He doesn’t know if they run or not but judging by the condition it looks like they will with some minor cleaning. He is asking 100 each so it seams reasonable. I may try to get them both for 150 and then negotiate from there.

jcrigan
          Participant

I have one of those Lightfours that runs quite well. Tried to sell it on c-list last year for $50. I had zero calls and emails on this motor over a period of a month. Your area may be better for sellers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.