Home Forum Ask A Member linkage system Evinrude Zephyr 1947 5.4 HP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    whaler19
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The control rod coming from the tiller handle works freely. The assembly that go’s into the carb will move but seems to have a catch in it and has been treated with Kroil. The rod on the linkage that ties into the carb linkage will not move. It looks like it should move as it is connected to carb assembly. I have never seem a carb like this and was wondering if anyone has a blow up of the carb and do they know if you remove the 3 small bolts and remove this assembly will that be opening a can of worms!

Dennis Ladd
      ladd4097@comcast.net

Mumbles
      Participant

Here’s a step by step manual for the Zephyr carb. Follow Putts instructions carefully and you’ll have no problem servicing it.

ZephyrCarburetorMaintainance

1 user thanked author for this post.
        whaler19
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!
          Dennis Ladd

mercuryman
          Participant

I think that the model that the spark lever has some throttle control. Of the mag lever is full fast then you have full control of throttle. Move spark to center and you have partial throttle movement.
            At least that is the way mine works on some spark and throttle aren’t connected.

whaler19
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks! I sprayed the systems moving connections and they have freed up a lot (not perfect yet) and it does exactly as you described. It sure is a different set up with the additional handle control. Thanks again for your input. This certainly clears up how it works! This motor came from a Museum and was not touched for about 15 years. The other motor I bought from them is a Mercury Silent Six. It was an easy motor to work on except I never did figure out how to remove the bottom cowling. I didn’t need to take it off, I was curious and puzzled.

Thanks for your input. I t really helps!

dave-bernard
              Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

to remove the lower cowl you pull the powerhead.. that is not like other power heads. 1 914 310 7086.

whaler19
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks! That was my best guess, but I didn’t try it.
                  Denny Ladd

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.