Home Forum Ask A Member Live from Tomahawk, WI!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dan-in-tn
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Arrived in Tomahawk, WI tonight. Ready for a big week! I have my boat, trailer, & motor with me to run for the first time. Unfortunately we had a problem about 2.5 miles from the hotel. My first blow out! I knew better than to brag about not having one, ever. It destroyed the fender & messed up the paint on the frame. Even got light damage to the side of the boat best we could tell in the dark on the side of the road. Changed out with the spare & made it in fine.
      Remember me saying I Run 6 ply tires, always! Not for sure yet, but think we could see where these are 2 ply. I am not going to be happy with my supplier if that turns out to be true? Time will tell in the daylight in the morning.
      Took out the wiring to the tail light on that side. Don’t know if you guys remember the pictures of the boat, but this thing is special to me & now it’s damaged. Oh well it can be fixed, but it’s not going to look very good for the week to show off.

Not going to let it put a damper on my spirits for a GREAT Tomahawk experience.

Dan in TN

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Cya Wednesday evening lord willing….lol

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

jerry-ahrens
        Participant

Man I’m sorry to hear that Dan! That stuff always happens at the worst time too… I’m in Germantown Wisconsin this morning. Getting ready to finish our trip up. Should be there late morning. Had a hectic day yesterday on the toll roads going around chicago.. (coming from ft Wayne Indiana).Man was that some traffic along with some downpours. I was just waiting for someone to rear end my alumacaft. But we made it through. Looking fwd to seeing everyone.drive safe!

fleetwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That boat/trailer is beautiful Dan…So sorry. Be sure to park it so you are not looking at the damaged side.
            I know you guys will have a great time, and everyone else will enjoy having you there….
            Sure wish I could go, maybe in a few years…
            Hi Casey!
            D

Buccaneer
            Participant

Dan, very disheartening for sure, after all that work, time and money,
              but I liked it even before it was restored, and love the way it looks now!
              As much as we try to prepare for a safe and uneventful trip, there’s
              always the chance of unexpected event. That said, my 14 year old
              Taurus and aluminum utility trailer will be heading for Tomahawk
              from Minnesota early Wednesday morning. Hope to make it by 11 am!

Prepare to be boarded!

Anonymous

Sorry for your luck Dan. Very nice outfit. It really looks fabulous.

outboardnut
                Participant

Man that boat is sweet
                  I love the paint on the oars!

RICHARD A. WHITE
                  Participant

Lifetime Member
                    quote Jerry Ahrens:

Man I’m sorry to hear that Dan! That stuff always happens at the worst time too… I’m in Germantown Wisconsin this morning. Getting ready to finish our trip up. Should be there late morning. Had a hectic day yesterday on the toll roads going around chicago.. (coming from ft Wayne Indiana).Man was that some traffic along with some downpours. I was just waiting for someone to rear end my alumacaft. But we made it through. Looking fwd to seeing everyone.drive safe!

Fort Wayne???// Should have stopped by….

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                    classicomctools@gmail.com

brook-n
                    Participant

Morning Dan,
                      Just stepped out front of the hotel and took my first look at your boat. It looks fabulous!
                      The attention to detail is nothing short of amazing. As far as the damage it is all repairable.
                      Let’s go have a great week.

Respectfully,

PugetSoundBoater
                      Participant

Dan-that boat is awesome! Have fun guys. Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                        Robbie Robertson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 32 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.