Home Forum Ask A Member Live from Tomahawk, WI!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    amuller
    Participant

Beautiful rig. So sorry that happened. Have had a flat but not a blowout. Since then have been using 12" trailer radials from Amazon for about $30 each. I guess only time will tell how well they last.

cajuncook1
      Participant

Dan your boat is a beauty! What motor are going to put on the back?

Cajun

Chris
        Participant

Wow, what a bummer about the damage. Love the boat, and the details on the trailer. What did those fenders start life as?

dan-in-tn
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Well we have learned a little more this morning. The tires were not the problem (although I did order & intend for them to be 6 ply rated)! Would not have made any difference. The trailer has an alignment issue. The toe is out bad (like I walk) & the chamber is off too! The other tire was just about gone after we saw it in the light this morning. Got new tires on the way, but that’s not going to fix the problem. Still working out a solution on that.

I put a 1957 Evinrude Lark on the boat. The pictures are from before the motor was installed. Pics of the motor are included along with the original fenders over the 12" tires. Also pics of how they were cut & sectioned to make fit. Lots of work that will have to be repaired on one side. Thanks for your comments!

Dan in TN

amuller
            Participant

Sounds like yr axle is bent. A competent spring shop should be able to straighten it.

vintin
              Participant

Sorry to hear about your trailer mishap but glad to hear you made the trip safely!

jerry-ahrens
                Participant

quote Richard A. White:

quote Jerry Ahrens:

Man I’m sorry to hear that Dan! That stuff always happens at the worst time too… I’m in Germantown Wisconsin this morning. Getting ready to finish our trip up. Should be there late morning. Had a hectic day yesterday on the toll roads going around chicago.. (coming from ft Wayne Indiana).Man was that some traffic along with some downpours. I was just waiting for someone to rear end my alumacaft. But we made it through. Looking fwd to seeing everyone.drive safe!

Fort Wayne???// Should have stopped by….

Richard, I never thought of that! I had to pick up a giant twin Johnson thete… someone suggested that I ask you to pick it up too, but I didn’t want to impose that big of a motor on anyone. Once we were on the toll roads arou d chicago, all I had in my mind was getting out of there!

RICHARD A. WHITE
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

A Giant twin???? in Fort Wayne?

Wish I would have known….LOL

I have no issues grabbing motors somewhat local to me… delivery is always an option, cya tomorrow afternoon, just hold the rain off until I get my camper set up…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                    classicomctools@gmail.com

reivertom
                    Participant

I hate to see something that nice get whacked. It reminds me of what Mom used to say when I broke something…"That’s why we can’t have nice things!"

jerry-ahrens
                      Participant

quote Richard A. White:

A Giant twin???? in Fort Wayne?

Wish I would have known….LOL

I have no issues grabbing motors somewhat local to me… delivery is always an option, cya tomorrow afternoon, just hold the rain off until I get my camper set up…

It looks like the rain will be mostly after noon. Thursday looks great, at least for now. The wind is very light to calm today. The lake is beautiful! I hope to get in a lot of running all week.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.