Home Forum Ask A Member Manuals and parts catalog

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Thomas McCann
    Participant

I signed up yesterday expecting to find and extensive collection of manuals, parts catalogs, and decal files and maybe sales brochures. I have not been able to find anything like that. If they are here I can’t find them, if they are not on this site: “why not”. All that is needed is a place to put them and it can all be crowd sourced. I have a handful and if everyone contributed one or two, it would quickly be very comprehensive.

green-thumbs
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Welcome to AOMCI. Your comments are valid. Some in the club have some of the things you mention for some years and brands. I am partial
        to early Kiekhaefers,,,which can include the Thors, Sea King single, Wizards and of course Mercurys. I have a small number of OMC outboards simply because the came my way.
        If you will look in the Old Iron section you will find a Mercury Service Tool
        Catalog…I am credited with contributing that useful and rare item, BUT,
        the real work was to convert the catalog to digital format so it could
        be entered into the Old Iron section of Inner Sanctum. That takes time
        and talent that a friend of a friend had and I do not. The level of talent
        and time to do this sort of thing in an all volunteer organization is why
        it has been done on a limited basis. I am sure some more members
        would contribute the information , but, who will organize and administer
        the digital library which might be the devil in the details.
        On the bright side AOMCI members have a tremendous store of experience and knowledge they willingly share. There is a lot of stuff
        outside AOMCI on the internet on such subjects as, Bendix Scintilla
        flywheel magnetoes, Tillotson carburetors.
        As a new member access to Inner Sanctum may take a day or two
        to arrange. You will find Michigan Wheel data base quite comprehensive and a lot of information relating to Phelon magnetos
        Welcome Aboard!
        Louie akd green thumbs

Thomas McCann
        Participant

Who is in charge of the website? I would be willing to donate some time to get it functional.

green-thumbs
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Stay tuned…the election of officers is underway, when the results are out the person to contact will be revealed.

AOMCI magazine “Antique Outboarder” lists offices and office holders
            both elected and appointed. It also give “tips and guidelines ” for submitting articles as well as listings of chapters and special interest
            group leaders. Look for next edition in January 2020,
            Louis aka green thumbs.

Mumbles
            Participant

Who is in charge of the website? I would be willing to donate some time to get it functional.

The webmaster can be contacted at webmaster@aomci.org

2fast4me
              Participant

If you have a question please ask it here, someone will come along with the answer you need. If you have been given access to the INNER SANCTUM you may find information there also. Some archived “Outboarder” magazines are there also. Welcome aboard.

2Fast4Me

Mumbles
                Participant

If you are looking for any certain manuals in particular, post your wants here and others or myself might be able to post them in PDF from our personal libraries.

Thomas McCann
                  Participant

You misunderstand the importance of a centralized location for information. It is very generous for you and others to offer it when needed. But that information is one computer failure, car accident, or stroke away from being lost. Also instead of members rehashing the same info all the time, effort can be put towards finding and gathering new information. Every member should arrive for this goal, otherwise it will slowly disappear.

Tinman
                    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I think that is a great idea.

seakaye12
                      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You misunderstand the importance of a centralized location for information. It is very generous for you and others to offer it when needed. But that information is one computer failure, car accident, or stroke away from being lost. Also instead of members rehashing the same info all the time, effort can be put towards finding and gathering new information. Every member should arrive for this goal, otherwise it will slowly disappear.

Absolutely agree!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.