Home Forum Ask A Member Martin Outboard Movies?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I was reading a Jan. 1993 issue of the “Antique Outboarder” I picked up at Tomahawk,
      and seen an article talking about two Martin Outboard related promotional 16 mm movies
      filmed in 1954, “The Mighty Muskie” and “Small Fry”.
      Sam Welsh, Martin promotional manager, was ahead of the project, and the films were shot at Teal Lake Resort
      near Hayward Wisconsin.
      Has anyone ever seen these films, or know if they’ve been digitized?
      The article, by Ronald Lietha, AOMCI member said that VHS tapes of them were available to club members.

Prepare to be boarded!

squierka39
      Participant

Check with Ron Lietha or try Russ Larson.

Buccaneer
        Participant

Check with Ron Lietha or try Russ Larson.

Looks like Ron is still with the club, so I emailed him and Russ.

Prepare to be boarded!

georgemartin200
          Participant

Tom: Yes, I answered your direct email & I sent you the answers to all your ???????? as I did indeed write the article.
            Ronald
            Tomahawk, WI

Buccaneer
            Participant

Ronald’s email reply to me……

Tom: Yes, I wrote the article when I was the Northwoods Chapter President. Also they were on 16mm reels as shot by the filming crew at Teal Lake. I had all of that, as I got them from Sam Welsch’s kids in California, I made copies on VHS tape but never digitalized them later. I would have to look to see if I can find them. I also went to Lighthouse Point, Fla, (George’s home), & did a VHS tape in interview with George Martin regards the history of the Martin Hi Speed 60 racing motor. I also still have that, but also have not put it on a Disc, for my own ease of viewing. I do not have any idea how much it would cost per movie to have that done, if I put my interview tape on a disc, I will then know, will not do more than one for myself as I also have NO idea how many would want them anymore??????, might also be to cost prohibitive to any interested member’s??. Both George & Sam were my personal friends & I have MANY Martin factory things from that time period, along with many of the 8 x 10 factory promotional pictures & more, George’s Trophies won with the 60 Hi Speed & also more factory pictures from that time. Only a seriously dedicated Martin collector , (of which I was & am), would appreciate the historical significance. Yes, at that time I made some extra VHS tapes, a few, but did not sell but a few, so would 25 years later be any different?

Thanks & I hope that helps answer your ??????

Tomahawk, WI

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.