Home Forum Ask A Member Maybe Quitting Selling Coils

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jw-in-dixie
    Participant

The coil link only shows ONE coil – I bought 8 for $28. As for mounting, they could be mounted outside of the mag like my Mark 20. Used original points and condensers with jumpers to the coils.
      I think it turns more revs without the mag drag. Just guessing.
      Tried to post a photo bucket pic but guess they want $$ to do that now. Rats 😮

outboardnut
      Participant

US Member

I’m sorry if I offended you I will edit the post

pm-t2
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Jim, in response to your original question, all I would say is that

IF you still enjoy going to the trouble and,

IF it brings you some pleasure to sell stuff (regardless of brand) to other people, and

IF it means you will still be able to feel good about offering a superior product than what motor guys normally have access to, at prices they will be happy with…….

I’d suggest that if the answer to any of the above questions is "no", then perhaps its possible that you’ve answered your own question.

Just my thoughts.

Best,
          PM T2

The Boat House
          Participant

Jim,
            The motor I ran today runs because of the coils
            I got from you. Others in my collection along
            with some I’ve have passed on are functioning
            again thanks to the service you have provided.
            No matter the outcome – whatever you decide-
            THANKYOU!!!!!.

jeff-register
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Jim,
              You have been thru hell & back the last few years!! If you need a break go for it!!

20mercman
              Participant

US Member

I have 9 motors that are running with coils I purchased from you Jim. I greatly appreciate all you have done for those of us in the club. I have only been in the club for about 4 or 5 years, so there may be others who just joined that will find their own journey. Your service is a great help for us, but it all boils down to how you feel about keeping going.

Steve

punchbug
                Participant

Jim, I am a new guy here but from what I can see you may not have a thriving business to make you a gajillionaire but you have side line business that puts some spendin money in your pocket. As stated above if you provide a service that people need and you get some sense of accomplishment or joy out of providing that service you are winning. If the business is not enjoyable any longer then try to sell it or your inventory and make a clean break of it. I languished in a salt water fish/aquarium business for a couple of years longer than I should have. It made me bitter, and resentful toward my customers. It took away any joy I had in the previous years. Not a good place to be in. You ultimately hold all the cards and only you can decide if you want to continue. That being said, I would like to buy some coils, I would like a catalog or price list if you have one and want to continue. If you want to pack it in what are you looking to get for the business or the inventory. I am sure someone on this site would be interested. Maybe even lil ole me.

2fast4me
                  Participant

Well Jim if you are getting out of the business of selling coils I want to say Thank You for all you have done for the club and its many members, I purchased a box full from you not long ago and met you at Tomahawk and hope to see you again, You are a Gentleman sir. Your friend in Christ
                    Jim

2Fast4Me

76-j
                    Participant

I can’t think of a fate worse than Jim serving the classic outboard motor community except perhaps a Zombie Apocalypse !
                      🙄

76-j
                      Participant
                        quote 76-J:

I can’t think of a fate worse than Jim serving the classic outboard motor community except perhaps a Zombie Apocalypse !
                        🙄

I can’t think of a fate worse than Jim NO LONGER serving the classic outboard motor community except, perhaps a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE !

😮

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.