Home Forum Ask A Member Mechanic in a Bottle?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    49hiawatha
    Participant

Anyoidy use this on a lawnmower? Perhaps bad gas, plugged carb? Did anybody try it on outboards pre-1959? Results? Thanks

fisherman6
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a bottle, but thus far have never tried it. I bought it out of curiosity and haven’t found anything I needed to try it on yet.
        -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

bullie
        Participant

This is what I wanna find in a bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJmRgfvUkg

billw
          Participant

US Member

Our dock master’s V4 OMC had the typical sneeze and fart of low speed circuit carb problems. Time to rebuild the carbs, we told him. Being kind of non-mechanical, he tried that stuff….and it worked. Don’t ask me how.

Long live American manufacturing!

wedgie
            Participant
              quote Bullie:

This is what I wanna find in a bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJmRgfvUkg

Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry said to Barbara Eden "Mother nature has been extraordinarily kind to you " I have to agree. 🙂

kerry
              Participant

US Member

I have been a fan of Seafoam for many years and will use nothing else. It has breathed new life into many old motors, and keeps everything clean. I add Seafoam to the gas can I fill my lawnmower, blower, weedwacker, snowblower, etc. and have not needed to clean any of their carbs. New acquisitions that don’t need teardowns seem to run better after a treated tank of fresh mix. Love the stuff.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

kerry
                Participant

US Member

P.S. To avoid war with the better half, my favorite bottle has Jack Daniels printed on the label.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

49hiawatha
                  Participant

I have used Star Tron-Enzyme Fuel treatment for the past six years- ATV, riding Huskie mower, two walk behind mowers, Echo chaiN saw and a wheeled 21" string trimmer(6.75 HP) with NO problems. This past week even with fresh gas I had problems w/one w/b mower and string trimmer. Put more Star Tron than called for in the mower . Worked. Will drain the trimmer tomorrow and try the mechanic…Let you know. A lawn mower guy said it works for him when lazy. No one tried on an outboard other than the one case?

PugetSoundBoater
                    Participant
                      quote Kerry:

I have been a fan of Seafoam for many years and will use nothing else. It has breathed new life into many old motors, and keeps everything clean. I add Seafoam to the gas can I fill my lawnmower, blower, weedwacker, snowblower, etc. and have not needed to clean any of their carbs. New acquisitions that don’t need teardowns seem to run better after a treated tank of fresh mix. Love the stuff.

The guy who ran the mowers in the test of Slick 50 vs 30 wt in the link posted on Dockside,also did a test on a Ford Ranger with Seafoam. He also had an "episode’ where he ran 2 mowers with Seafoam and Marvel. Seafoam was the obvious winner in my opinion. I have been using it in my 9.9 at 1- 1.5 oz per gas gallon for 3 years. I also do a decarb with BRP Engine Tuner once a year. Pulled the head last fall,nice and clean ports,a slight carbon stain on the exhaust side of the piston,but no buildup.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                      Robbie Robertson

49hiawatha
                      Participant

Okay I took the more convential route on my high wheeled 6.75 HP Sears String Trimmer (22") 17 years old, bought new, and started but pooped out. New plug, new air filter, drained gas, removed carb and cleaned of varnish, blew out with air compressor , drained new-old gas. Put in 2oz of MIB. Primed (button) w/no gas, allowed to sit per directions for 4 hours. Added new fuel to MIB in tank. Started , worked yesterday and today. Cool. My bad, Air filter and plug should have been replaced…long ago..duh??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.