Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury 1979 9.8hp Where does the other end of this part go?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    seahuntboater
    Participant

I am not sure but I may be missing a part on the throttle linkage. I do not see where the other end of this carburetor throttle shaft goes. It is number 35 in the drawing. https://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-outboard-parts/98/5206550-up-usa/carburetor-tillotson-stamped-1364-7902-or-1364-7909

does anyone know? I assume it connects to the throttle handle cable assembly somehow. This model has manual shift lever onside of motor.

thanks Ralph

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

rides on the mag cam as you advance the throttle.

seahuntboater
        Participant

It does look like I am missing a part. But I still can’t determine where it would go. It looks like the connector bolts onto the carb throttle shaft and then there is a pin that goes up. I positioned the carb into place . Here are a few pics. would it be possible to explain where the throttle lever goes into. Is there a schematatic of the Mag cam that would show the location?

Here are a few pics.

David Bartlett
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

You are missing part number 35. It fits on the knurled shaft sticking up out of the carburetor. It does not connect directly to the throttle handle. As Dave said earlier the cam on the mag plate pushes that lever.

David Bartlett
            Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

seahuntboater
            Participant

thanks to all. I get it now. I was looking for a hole where it might have gone. Just got my compression tester so once I determine if she is good I will order the part. . Can somebody explain the setup on it? I would imagine something like put the throttle on the start position make sure butterfly is closed and then tighten down the bolt on the carb shaft? Make sure it follows the plate as opening up throttle to fast and making sure buttefly is fully open.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.