Mercury KE7 Lower Unit

Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury KE7 Lower Unit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Ashton Jeffs

Replies: 4
    Topics: 2

Hey guys,

Recently purchased my first mercury, a KE7. Im used to working on OMC’s and am not used to the mercury designs. I am trying to remove the lower unit but cannot figure out the proprer way. I have loosened the nut that sits above the prop, but do not see anything else on the exterior that can be removed. Do have to diassemble from something behind the impeller houseing and move on from there? Any help would be great, Thanks

jeff-register

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1564
    Topics: 54

Jeff,
    Pull the powerhead to get at the other nut. Long bolt under the engine if memory serves me well. Check the waterline tube for being clear too + impeller. Anyone recall if this tower has the anti vibration piece like the KG7?
    Why are you removing it ? Only 6 bolts & comes off & find a new powerhead gasket please.

1 user thanked author for this post.

The Boat House

Replies: 4550
    Topics: 111

Ashton Jeffs

Awesome, thanks! I’m taking it apart to clean out the waterline and regresse if necessary and to change the impeller.

Thanks again!

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

lower does not have to be removed to do that. most of the time the water tube is frozen into the lower and will cause you problems to remove.. just remove the powerhead to access the water tube top . remove the prop then the water pump cover for the impeller. if you need to the water pump cartridge and prop shaft and gear will come out as an assy.1 914 310 7086.

The Boat House

dave-bernard

Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

CORRECT !!!!!!

Ashton Jeffs

Thanks everyone for the help!!

David Sanders

Replies: 1
    Topics: 1

Good morning, I live in central Kentucky and I am wanting to know of there are any members within a few hours drive that have the special tool to remove the water pump plate on a Mercury KE-7? Replacing the impeller is one of my last tasks before I put in the the test tank. I know that the threads are left hand but I haven’t had any luck with getting the plate off. Thanks.

The Boat House

Try going around the outside of the cover with a hammer and a drift a few times
    to free it up.. That has worked well for me.
    Tubs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.