Mercury pressure tank

Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury pressure tank

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• wedgie

Replies: 1041
    Topics: 78

Before I go look at this, I’m trying to asses this tank for a fellow member, and because I have no experience with Carl K’s version of the pressure tank I did a little reading. I see that the air fitting is plugged.and am guessing this is a leftover tank that was made into a non pressure tank with the trigger primer instead of a bulb .I also note the ears seem to be shortened perhaps because they broke off and were filed to match? I know the fitting is pretty rare too.

Any help appreciated.

https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/bpo/5895257377.html

opposedtwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 968
    Topics: 259

Wedgie,
    My understanding is that this is a small tank that was used primarily with the mark 20H model. The ears were that way from the factory, I believe, to trim weight. The air hole may have been plugged to convert it for use with a single line and a fuel pump, although I believe the mark 20H did not come with a fuel pump.

Later when Mercury put fuel pumps on most of their motors, those tank tops continued to be cast with "air" above the spot where a hole would have been to accommodate the air line. I should have a photo and I will try to post it here.

There are many Mercury experts here who will chime in and let us know for sure.

Attachments:

wedgie

Being that the air inlet has been plugged, I worry some bits may be missing inside.

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

If you want to sell the 3gallon tank call me 1 914 310 7086 Dave.

wedgie

quote betty ann bernardd:

If you want to sell the 3gallon tank call me 1 914 310 7086 Dave.

Sorry Dave, it’s already spoken for.

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

could have used it for this. this is what they were made for . this tank has been modified.to non pressure. as done it wont work it has no vent.

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.